Rule 65 CCS Pension Rules 2021
कार्मिक, लोक शिकायत तथा पेंशन मंत्रालय
पेंशन और पेंशनभोगी कल्याण विभाग
8th Floor, Janpath Bhawan,
Janpath, New Delhi,
Dated the 23th February, 2022
Sub: Payment of Provisional Pension and gratuity under Rule 62 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2021 in case of delay in issue of PPO authorizing regular pension – reg
The undersigned is directed to say that in accordance with Rule 62 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2021 (Rule 64 of the erstwhile Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972), the Head of Office is required to sanction a provisional pension/gratuity, in cases where a delay is anticipated in issuing a PPO authorizing regular pension. Rule 65 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 further provides that in all cases where pension/ family pension/gratuity (including provisional pension/ family pension/gratuity) has not been sanctioned or is delayed, and it is clearly established that the delay in payment was attributable to administrative reasons or lapses, interest shall be paid on arrears of pension/family pension/gratuity at the rate and in the manner as applicable to General Provident Fund amount. Every case of delayed payment of pension/family pension/gratuity in respect of employees of a Ministry or Department and the employees of its attached and subordinate offices shall be considered by the Secretary of that Ministry or Department or any other officer authorized by him, and where it is found that the delay in the payment of pension/family pension/ gratuity was caused on account of administrative reasons or lapse, interest shall be required to be paid to the affected pensioner/family pensioner. In such cases, responsibility shall be fixed and disciplinary action shall be taken against the Government servant or servants who are found responsible for the delay on account of administrative lapses.
2. Although as per Rule 62 of CCS(Pension) Rules, 2021, payment of provisional pension shall not continue beyond the period of six months from the date of retirement of the Government servant, the Rule further provides that the Accounts Officer shall treat the provisional pension as final and issue pension payment order immediately on the expiry of the period of six months, if the final amount of pension and gratuity have not been determined by the Head of Office in consultation with the Accounts Officer within the aforesaid period of six months.
3. In view of the provisions of Rule 62 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 (earlier Rule 64 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972), the Accounts Officer has to treat the provisional pension as final and issue pension payment order immediately on the expiry of the period of six months provided in the Rule, if the final amount of pension and gratuity have not been determined by the Head of Office in consultation with the Accounts Officer within the said period. Therefore, there should not be a situation where regular pension is not authorized by the Accounts Officer to a retired Government servant on expiry of the period of six months.
4. All Ministries/Departments and their Account Officers are advised to strictly comply with the provisions of Rule 62 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021. It is further emphasized that pension should not be discontinued under any circumstances, if, for any reason, PPO for regular pension could not be issued by the Accounts Officer till the expiry of the aforesaid period of six months.
(Ashok Kumar Singh)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of Provisional Pension and gratuity under Rule 62 of the CCS Pension Rules 2021 in case of delay in issue of PPO authorizing regular pension
- Retirement benefits as per Rule 64 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 during Covid Pandemic time
- Gazette Notification – Central Civil Services CCS (Pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2019
- Clarification regarding timely payment of GPF final
- Order issued – Government employees retiring during COVID pandemic will be receiving provisional pension till their regular Pension Payments
- Relaxation of Rule 96 of Railway Services Pension Rules, 1993 for payment of provisional Family Pension on death of a Government Servant during service
- Gratuity for Central Civil Services
- Provisional release of retirement benefits as per Rule 91 of Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993
- Officers to face action for delay in GPF payments to retiring employees