Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, Dated 23rd December, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Naval Staff
The Chief of Air Force Staff
Sub :– Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension.
The undersigned is directed to say that vide this Department’s letter No.17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 11/11/2008 and letter No.17(4)/2008(2)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 12/11/2008, instructions were issued for grant of additional pension/family pension @ 20% to 100% to old pensioners/family pensioners of the age of 80 years and above.
2. A question has been raised as to how the amount of additional pension is to be regulated in cases the additional pension results in fraction of a rupee. The matter has been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) and Deptt of Pension & Pensioners Welfare and it has been decided that the amount of additional pension as finally calculated, may be rounded off to the next higher rupee. In cases the pension/family pension of old pensioners has been fixed/revised without rounding off the additional pension, in those cases also, the additional pension may be rounded off in the next higher rupee hereinafter. However, no arrears for the period from 1.1.2006 on account of such rounding off would be paid in those cases.
3. This issues with the concurrence of. Ministry of Defence(FinNo.1(6)/2015/D(Pen/Pol) /Pen) vide their ID No. 25(06)/2015/Fin/Pen dated 07.12.2015.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension – MoD Order on 23.12.2015
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in calculation of additional Pension for Railway Pensioners
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in regulation of additional pension – Pensioners Portal Clarification
- ‘Rounding off’ instructions given by Ministry of Finance as per 6th CPC
- OROP Pension Calculation – Rounding of Qualifying Service
- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
- 7th CPC – Minimum Pension of Rs.9000 for Central Government Pensioner
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension – Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016 on implementation of decision taken on recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission
- Sanction of 6% dearness Relief on the pension of the pensioners of the state of Madhya pradesh.