Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – reg-Dated the 13 February, 2013
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi-110 003.
Dated the 13 February, 2013.
Sub:- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission, orders were issued for revision of pension/family pension vide this Department’s OM No.38/37/08- P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008, as amended from time to time.
2. The pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners was stepped up to 50% of the sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008 with effect from 24.9.12 vide this Department OM of even number dated 28th January, 2013.
3. In regard to disbursement of revised pension/family pension, while Head of Departments are responsible for sanctioning of pension/family pension, in cases where revision has already been done by PAOs consequent to 6th CPC, the revision may be effected at the level of PAOs. A copy of the revised authority may be sent to HOD/DDO for record. In cases where no revision has been effected, Head of Offices may follow normal procedure for revision of pension/family pension. Even in cases where there is no change in pension/family pension as a result of the issue of this OM, a revised authority for no change may be issued by the PAOs. The finalized authority will be sent to CPAO for further necessary action.
4. A suitable entry regarding the revised pension/family pension shall be recorded by the pension Disbursing Authority in both halves of the Pension Payment Order.
5. In case the pension/family pension in respect of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners has not already been revised w.e.f. 1.1.2006, the same may also be revised for the period upto 23.9.2012 in terms of order dated 1.9.2008 and subsequent orders thereto and for the period from 24.9.12 in terms of order of even number dated 28.1.2013.
6. CGA/CPAO/Ministry of Defence/Ministry of Railways/Department of Posts/Department of Telecom will devise their own monitoring mechanism to ensure that enhanced pension and arrears are disbursed to all civil pensioners/family pensioners expeditiously.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 as per Revised concordance table OM dated 28.01.2013: CPAO’s instruction to issue revision authority to all
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, etc
- Revision of pensions of pre-2006 pensioners – Payment of Arrears from 01.01.2006 : CPAO Order dated 25.08.2015
- 7th CPC Revision of Pension for Puducherry pensioners / family pensioners drawing pension under ex-French Rules
- Pilot run of e-Revision Utility of CPAO for 7th Central Pay Commission Revision of Pension
- Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission-Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc- Procedural actions for revision