Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for OBCs (Other Backward Classes) reg – Dopt Orders 2013
Government of ndia
Ministry oi Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Bock, New Delhi,
Dated: the 27th May, 2013
Subject :- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs)-reg.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s office memorandum No.36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 8th September, 1993 which, inter-alia, provided that sons and daughters of persons having gross annual income of Rs.1 lakh or above for a period of three consecutive years would fall within the creamy layer and would not be entitled to get the benefit of reservation available to the Other Backward Classes. The aforesaid limit of income for determining the creamy layer status was subsequently raised to Rs. 2.5 akh and Rs. 4.5 Iakh and accordingly the expression “Rs.1 lakh” under Category-VI of Schedule to OM dated 8th September, 1993 was revised to “Rs. 2.5 lakh” and to “RS. 4.5 lakh” vide this Department’s OMs No. 36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res.) dated 09.03.2004 and dated 14.10. 2008 respectively.
2. It has now been decided to raise the income limit from Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh per annum for determining the creamy layer amongst the Other Backward Classes. Accordingly, the expression “Rs. 4.5 lakh” under Category VI in the Schedule to this Department’s aforesaid O.M. of 8th September, 1993 would be substituted by Rs. “Rs. 6 lakh”.
3. The provisions of this office memorandum have effect from 16th May, 2013.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents of this office memorandum to the notice of all concerned.
(Sharad Kumar Srivastava)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Income limit of ‘Creamy Layer’ increased to 6 lakh
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persona / section (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in admissions to Central Educational Institutions
- Reservation Policy : Revision of Income limit of Creamy Layer for OBCs
- Income limit for Creamy Layer – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Creamy Layer Income Criteria for CPSE and PS Bank Employees
- Implementation of creamy layer criteria
- Government proposes to revise the income criteria of Rs.8 lakhs per annum for the Creamy Layer amongst Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- OBC creamy layer income limit to be hiked to Rs 8 lakh per annum