Revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus and Bonus Factors of Workshops/PUs staff under CRJ Pattern & GIS
INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
(Estd. 1965, Regd. No.1329 under ITU Act, Websitehttp://www.irtsa.net)
No. IRTSA/Memo RB/Incentive/2018-7
Mrs. KALYANICHADDA, Executive Director/ME(W),
Convener, Committee for revision of hourly rate of Incentive Bonus,
Railway Board, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001.
CC by Email – [email protected]
Sub: Revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus and Bonus Factors of Workshops/PUs staff under CRJ Pattern & GIS – Regarding Financial implications thereof.
Ref: 1. Railway Board’s Order No. RBE-I/201/23/39, dated 06.07.2017& 18.05.2018.
2. Our memorandum dated 02.07.2018 & meeting with you on 04.07.2018. Respected Madam,
With reference to our earlier memorandum and our meeting with you on 04.07.2018, we submit this memorandum for the kind consideration of the Committee for revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus on estimated additional expenditure on account of revision of incentive rates based on minimum pay of respective Pay Level in 7th CPC Pay Matrix divided by 208 (standard working hours per month) – as per formula followed after 5th Pay Commissions.
Proposed revision of Incentive Rates is estimated to cost additionally only 1.28 percent in terms of cost of man power.
There are 2,38,546 workshop Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ staff (2,19,682 Group ‘C’ & 18,864 in Group ‘D’) of Mechanical, Electrical and S&T covered under incentive scheme as on 03.2017. (Strength of workshop artisan & helper as on 31.03.2017 is given in Table-1)
Average annual wage per employee for Group ‘C’ in Workshop staff including pay, all allowances, PLB, pension & gratuity (Senior Technician, Supervisor (Ministry), Technician Grade-I, II & Ill) is Rs. 7,09,494. (Ref. Statement 40 (II) (b) of Indian Railways Annual Statistical Statement 2016-17)
Average annual wage per employee for Group ‘D’ Workshop staff including pay, all allowances, PLB, pension & gratuity (semi-skilled & unskilled) is Rs. 5,66,147. (Ref. Statement 40 (II) (e) of Indian Railways Annual Statistical Statement 2016-17)
If incentive rates are revised based on minimum of respective Pay Level divided by 208, additional expenditure is estimated to be Rs.214.09 crore.
In terms of equivalent man power it will be 3,061 Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ workshop staff (2,847 men in Group ‘C’ and 213 in group ‘D’).
This will be only 1.28% of 2,19,682 strength of Group ‘C’&’D’ workshop staff available in Indian Railways as on 31.03.2017. Details of the calculation is attached in Table-2.
It is therefore requested that, no reduction in allowed time / man power may please be proposed for implementation of revised incentive rates, since the estimated additional cost equal to only 1.28% man power which will be compensated by additional work load due to the addition of rolling stocks & new trains.
Hoping for a favourable consideration & thank you in anticipation,
Harchandan Singh General Secretary, IRTSA
Table – 1
|Workshop artisan & Helper strength as on 31.03.2017|
|Workshop & Artisan staff *||Helper **|
|Sr.Tech||Tech Gr-I||Tech Gr-II||Tech Gr-III||Helper||Total|
*Statement 40 (IV) (i) of Indian Railways Annual Statistical Statement 2016-17,
** Statement 40 (III) (f) of Indian Railways Annual Statistical Statement 2016-17
Table – 2
Estimated additional expenditure on account of revision of Incentive Rates based on minimum Pay in Pay Matrix divided by 208, standard working hours per month
|Design||Pay Level||* Mean
incentive rates Rs.
|Pro- posed BP+DA+ Incentive||Difference between existing and pro- posed BP+DA+ Incentive||Staff
|Additional Expense due to pro- posed revised Inc. Rates
Rs. in Cr
|Sr. Technician||Pay level-
|Technician GM II||Pay
* Basic Pay at 20th cell of respective Pay Level in the Pay Matrix
- Estimated additional expenditure on account of revision of Incentive Rates based on minimum Pay in Pay Matrix divided by 208 (standard working hours per month) will be Rs.214.09 crores.
- In terms of equal man power it will be 3061 (2847 men in Group ‘C’ & 213 in Group ‘D’) @ average per Capita staff cost for Group ‘C’ work shop staff Rs. 7,09,474 and average per capita staff cost for Group ‘D’ work shop staff Rs. 5,66,147.
- This will be 1.28% of 2,38,546 strength of Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ workshop staff available in Indian Railways as on 31.03.2017.
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus and Bonus Factor of Workshop/PUs in respect of staff governed under CRJ Pattern/GIS
- Need for revision of hourly rates of incentive bonus and incentive allowance in favour of Railway Staff: NFIR
- Revision of Hourly Rates of Incentive Bonus and Bonus Factor of Workshops and Production Units
- Railway Board constitutes committee for revision of Incentive Bonus
- Revision of hourly rates of Incentive Bonus and Bouns Factor of Workshop/PU in respect of staff governed under CRJ pattern/GIS
- Revision of Incentive Bonus and Bonus Factor Workshop / PU hourly rates after implementation of the 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission Incentive Bonus to Railway Employees – NFIR
- Tamil Nadu government announces Pongal bonus for its employees, teachers and others
- Revised distribution of posts for Technical Staff on Indian Railways