Central government employees who reach the age of retirement on 31 March 2020 under or under Fundamental Rule 56 and who are due to retirement. On 31 March 2020, they shall retire from the Central Government workforce, regardless of whether they working from home or working from office.
F No.33/12/73 Estt-A
Government of India
Department of Personnel and Training
(Establishment A-Ill Desk)
North Block. New Delhi
Dated the 31st March. 2020
Subject: Retirement of Government Servants on 31st March, 2020 – clarification
In view of the unprecedented situation arising out of country-wide lock down declared by the Government consequent to we outbreak COVID-19, it is clarified that the central Government employees who are attaining the age of superannuation on 31st March, 2020 in terms or Fundamental Rule 56 and due to retire. shall retire from Central Government service on 31st March, 2020, irrespective of whether they are working from home or working from office.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Age limit of Retirement in Central Government Services – What says FR56..?
- Retirement age of Central Government Staffs
- Premature retirement of central government employees before the date of superannuation
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- Retirement benefits as per Rule 64 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 during Covid Pandemic time
- Age of superannuation of Government servants from 58 years to 59 years
- Retirement Age 62 – Again denied in Parliament
- EPFO issues Directions for timely credit of monthly Pension to EPS Pensioners
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19