Retirement and death gratuity to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees – Rajya Sabha Question & Answers
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-3742
Retirement and death gratuity to KVS employees
3742 . Shri G.C. Chandrashekhar
(a) whether Government has extended the benefit of retirement and death gratuity to employees of autonomous bodies under the Central Government;
(b) if so, whether the Ministry has directed the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) for stoppage of retirement and death gratuity to the employees under the National Pension System (NPS);
(c) if so, the reasons therefor;
(d) the details of KVS employees benefitted so far;
(e) whether representations have been received from various stakeholders regarding restoration of the above benefit; and
(f) if so, the steps taken by Government in this regard?
MINISTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(SHRI RAMESH POKHRIYAL ‘NISHANK’)
(a) Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has conveyed approval for revision of pension as per recommendation of the 7th CPC to the employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan who retired after 1.1.2016 as well as revision of pension/family pension of those pensioners / family pensioners who retired prior to 1.1.2016. Several other autonomous bodies under the MHRD have also been extended these benefits on a case to case basis in consultation with Ministry of Finance.
(b) Yes, Sir.
(c) As per the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. F. No. 1/1/2016-E.III(A) dated 13th January, 2017, the benefits implemented by Central Government in respect of Central Government employees (as part of their service conditions) are not directly applicable to the employees working in autonomous organizations. An advisory had accordingly been issued on 12.4.2017 that in case the benefits of retirement gratuity and death gratuity have been extended to the employees of any autonomous bodies / organisations covered under NPS, the same may be withdrawn till a final decision is taken in the matter with the approval of Department of Expenditure.
(d)to (f): Do not arise.
Source: Rajya Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- NPS – Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the employees of Autonomous Body/ Organisation covered under National Pension System
- Facilities to KVS Teacher & Employees
- KVS: Revision of pension as per 7th CPC to retired employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- No Scholarships in Kendriya Vidyalayas: Govt reply in Rajya Sabha
- MPs Quota for Admission in KVs
- Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas – Priority for Children of Central Government Employees
- Extension of CGHS to all Extension of CGHS to all retired employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya residing in Delhi/NCR
- English medium education in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- KVS Order 2014: Shifting of KVS(RO), Ernakulam, Kerala to Thiruvannthpuram, Kerala