Reservation in admission of students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in Central Educational Institutions established, maintained or aided by the Central Government is enforced through the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admissions) Act, 2006 as amended from time to time. At present there is no proposal under consideration of Government to enact legislation for implementing reservation in services under the Central Government and its Public Sector Undertakings.
The policy of reservation in services is administered through executive instructions. The Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of Indira Sawhney vs. Union of India (W.P. No. 930 of 1990) has held that these instructions have the force of law.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Vijay Sampla in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes
- Enhancement of Reservation for SCs & STs – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- EWS RESERVATION LIMITS – Economically Weaker Sections￼
- INCREASE IN RESERVATION QUOTA
- Reservation Policy : Revision of Income limit of Creamy Layer for OBCs
- EWS Reservation income limit fixed – PIB
- Direct Recruitment to Group C – Reservation Fixed on the basis of Population
- DoPT: Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in civil posts and services in the Government of India
- Cabinet approves reservation in Teachers Cadre Ordinance, 2019