Reserving 33 Percent Posts for Women in CPMFs
There is no proposal to increase the percentage of women personnel in CAPF upto 33 percent. However, in compliance of recommendations given by Parliamentary Committee on Empowerment of Women in its sixth report, directions have been issued to all CAPFs to bring percentage of women in the forces to 5%. The force-wise details of women personnel at present are as under:-
|Force/ Orgz’n||Posted Strength||Female||%age of Women w.r.t. posted strength|
- In the ongoing recruitment of Constables/General Duty, out of total vacancies of 62390, 8533 (about 14%) are earmarked for women.
- Government has approved recruitment of 2772 Mahila personnel (21 Companies) during the year 2014-15 to 2017-18 in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Government has approved raising of 02 Mahila (women) Battalions in place of 02 General Duty Battalions in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to be raised in the year 2015-16 and 2016-17.
Related to Your Search:
- Women Personnel in CAPF
- Government Recruitment: Over 11,000 women in central police forces
- Women in CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces – PIB
- Total strength of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), force, rank and gender-wise
- Women in Defence Forces
- Cabinet approves Cadre review of Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre of Central Industrial Security Force
- PERCENTAGE OF WOMEN EMPLOYEES IN RAILWAYS
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of Group ‘A’ Executive Officers of Border Security Force
- VRS (Voluntary Retirement Scheme) in BSF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and AR