A compassionate appointment will fill 5 percent of the direct recruitment vacancies in Group ‘ C ‘ post in a year
A person chosen on compassionate grounds for appointment is to be balanced against the correct category in the reservation roster, viz. A SC / ST / OBC / General nominee will hold the position assigned to the respective group in the roster.
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Reservation in Appointment on Compassionate Ground
12 MAR 2020
As per extant instructions, upto a maximum of 5% of direct recruitment vacancies arising in a year in Group ‘C’ posts can be filled up by compassionate appointment. There is no fixed quota of posts to be filled up annually on compassionate grounds, as compassionate appointments are to be made by the administrative Ministries / Departments as per the general policy guidelines laid by the Department of Personnel and Training subject to availability of vacancies, number of applicants seeking compassionate appointment etc.
Check: Latest MACP orders from DoPT
A person selected for appointment on compassionate grounds is to be adjusted in the reservation roster against the appropriate category, viz. a candidate belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ General category would occupy the position allocated to the respective category, in the roster.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- DoPT Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Compassionate Appointments in Government are regulated as per instructions issued by Department of Personnel and Training
- RESERVATION REGISTERS AND ROSTER REGISTERS
- Re-Employment of Ex-Servicemen
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy