Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the SC Judgement: DoPT Order
Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter of Union of India & Ann Vs. National Federation of Blind & Ors: DoPT Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
dated the 14th February, 2014
Subject Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter of Union of India & Ann Vs. National Federation of Blind & Ors.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated the 3rd December, 2014 on the subject cited above conveying the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 8.10.2013 in the matter of Civil Appeal No.9096 of 2013 (arising out of SLP (Civil) No.7541 of 2009) titled Union of India & Anr. Vs. National Federation of Blind & Ors. and follow up action required to be taken thereon.
All the Ministries/Departments/Organizations were, inter alia, requested to compute the number of vacancies available in all the cadres under their control including attached offices, subordinate offices, public sector undertakings, Government Companies, Cantonment Board, etc. in accordance with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court as per Para 5 of the aforementioned O.M. of this Department and further identify the posts for disabled persons within a period of three months from the date of the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court (i.e. 8.10.2013) and implement the same without default. The National Federation of Blind has filed an application and the Hon’ble Court has directed to file a status report giving details of steps taken to implement the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court including the appointments made, if any. The next date of hearing is 12th March, 2014. A copy of the correspondence received in this regard from the Central Government Standing Counsel is enclosed for reference.
This Department is required to file a status report on the action taken by the Ministries/Departments in connection with the next hearing to be held on 12th March, 2014 It is requested that status report on the action taken by the Ministries/Departments/Organizations may kindly be sent to this Department within a week’s time i.e. by 21 st February, 2014 so that a consolidated report could be filed before the next date of hearing.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Orders on Computation of reservation – Implementation of the judgment of Hon’ble Supreme court in the matter of Union of India & Anr. Vs. National Federation of Blind & Ors.
- Dopt Orders – Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation
- Reservation to Disabled Persons
- Implementation of Supreme Court’s judgement dated 31.10.2013 in WP(Civil) No. 82/2011 in the matter of Shri T.S. R. Subramanian & Others vs. UOI & Others
- 4.5 PERCENT RESERVATION FOR MINORITIES
- Constitution of a Committee to monitor the progress in filling up of vacancies of persons with disabilities
- GRANT OF MACP ON PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY: SLP (civil) CC No.10435 of 2014, UOI Vs Babu Ram & Ors
- Data Entry Operators in Ordnance & Ordnance equipment Factories
- Implementation of Supreme Court Judgement on Rank Pay Case