Reservation for Minorities
The Government considered the recommendation of the National Commission for Religious and Lingusitic Minorities (NCRLM) regarding reservation to minority communities. A sub-quota of 4.5% reservation for minority communities as defined under Section 2 (c) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 [viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist and Zoroastrians (Parsis)] was carved out of the 27% reservation for the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in admission to Central Government institutions and in Civil Posts under the Government of India and this was notified by the Government on 22-12-2011 to be effective from 01-01-2012. The Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh in its judgement dated 28-05-2012 set aside the carving out of a sub-quota of 4.5% reservation to minorities out of the 27% reservation for OBCs. The matter is presently sub-judice in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
This was stated by Dr. Najma A. Heptulla, the Minister of Minority Affairs in Lok Sabha yesterday.
Related to Your Search:
- 4.5 PERCENT RESERVATION FOR MINORITIES
- Reservation fro Other Backward Classes in Civil Posts and Services under the Govt. of India-Sub-quota for Minority Communities-reg.
- Cabinet approves setting up of a Commission to examine the Sub-Categorization within OBCs
- RESERVATION IN PROMOTION
- Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for Welfare of Minorities
- Reservation for OBCs in Civil posts and Services under the Government of India
- Representation of Minority Communities in Central Government Services – Departmentwise details
- Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the SC Judgement: DoPT Order
- HOLIDAY – Declaration of General Holiday on 11.04.2019 (Thursday) in the State of Andhra pradesh – Lok Sabha General Elections 2019