Request to the PM to release DA to the central government employees and DR to the pensioners
Member of Parliament
116, North Avenue
New Delhi – 110 001
E-mail: [email protected]
Shri Narendra Modi
Government of India,
Respected Shri Narendra Modi ji,
I write to bring to your attention a matter affecting the rights and entitlements of Central Government employees in light of actions taken by the Finance Ministry. Deviating from the decision of the Cabinet to release 4% additional Dearness Allowance (DA) in light of the Covid-19 pandemic , the Ministry of Finance on 23rd April 2020 issued an order for freezing of DA to the central govt. employees and DR to the pensioners till July 2021. Effectively, these actions, amidst a pandemic, have subjected the Central Govt. employees and pensioners to undue financial hardship.
Successive Central Pay Commissions have dealt in detail about the payment of DA to the Central Govt. employees and its importance to the working conditions of Central Govt. Employees. The decision by the Finance Ministry is in complete disregard to the rights of these workers and the reasons for the grant of such an allowance by the Cabinet. The dearness allowance (DA) stems from the need to protect the erosion in the real value of basic salary on account of inflation and thereby provides employees with the ability to deal with the ever-increasing inflation in the country, even in their retirement. The Covid-19 pandemic has taken an unbearable toll on the lives of all people and while many have been able to avoid the pandemic at its deadliest, Central Govt. Employees have worked tirelessly to keep the country moving and their service to the nation cannot be ignored. Many of these workers have even succumbed to the deadly coronavirus.
In view of the above, I request you to kindly intervene in the matter and reconsider the decision, since the employees who have retired/retiring w.e.f. 01/01/2020 are not getting the benefit of the DA increase in their terminal benefits, such as leave encashment, gratuity etc. I once again request you to withdraw the decision taken by the Government to freeze the 3 installments of DA due for the employees and the pensioners and release the same to them at the earliest. The Government must ensure that its employees are treated with dignity and their rights are not compromised due to governmental apathy.
Leader of CPI Parliamentary Party &
Secretary, National Council
Related to Your Search:
- DA for central government employees News latest update
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021
- AIDEF REQUEST FOR EXTENDING TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES & PENSIONERS BY RELEASING ADDITIONAL DA/DR DUE FROM 01/01/2020
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Tamil Nadu State Government employees and Government pensioners
- Is pending Dearness Allowance be paid to central government employees on July 1? Here you can find the most recent updates
- Union Cabinet today approves 7% DA from July 2014 to CG Employees and Pensioners
- Central Employees DA release not discussed in cabinet meeting
- PIB Press Release on Dearness Allowance : Release of additional installment of DA to CG Staff and DR to CG Pensioners, due from 1.1.2013
- Confederation – Grant Payment of DA to Central Govt employees and DR to Central Govt pensioners at current rates which is 28% as on 1st January 2021