Request to Taxpayers to Avail Facility for Online Rectification
Income-tax Act provides the taxpayer with an option to seek rectification of mistakes apparent from record under section 154 of the Act. The e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department provides the utility for online filing and tracking of rectification requests. Taxpayers who are not satisfied with the outcome of processing of their Income Tax Return by the Centralized Processing Centre, Bengaluru can avail of the facility of online filing and tracking of rectification requests available on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
In case of any mistake in data entry of Tax payment or TDS details, taxpayer can select the “Rectification Request Type->Taxpayer is correcting data for Tax Credit mismatch only” and the use the option of pre-filling the correct details for the relevant Assessment Year while submitting the rectification request.
In case of data entry mistake in any other Schedule or omission of any details, taxpayer can select the option “Taxpayer is correcting Data in Rectification” and the reason for seeking rectification.
In any other case taxpayer can select the option “No further Data Correction Required, Reprocess the case” where the mistake in processing may have occurred due to non-reporting of TDS by deductor etc.
A detailed user manual for filing online rectification is available at: http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/eFiling/Portal/StaticPDF/Rectifcation_Manual.pdf?0.08833787460862363.
With this utility a taxpayer can also the monitor the status of disposal of rectification request.
CPC, Bengaluru has already processed 6,53,763 online rectification requests in F.Y.2015-16 till 29th February 2016. CBDT is committed to ensuring accuracy in processing of returns and determination of refunds and seeks the active cooperation of taxpayers in ensuring correctness of data while submitting the return or rectification request.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax Department simplifies online rectification of TDS in ITR
- Income Tax Department Starts Two More Taxpayer Friendly Initiatives : ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
- Income Tax Department (ITD) launches Operation Clean Money
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- IT Department Urges Taxpayers to Pay all Self- Assessment Tax Dues by 31ST March
- New rules of filing tax returns
- Clarifications on filing of Annual Return (FORM GSTR-9)
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced