Ministry of Finance
Repayment of 8.24% GS 2018
27 MAR 2018
The repayment of following security is due as per details given below:
|Table: Details of GoI Securities maturing on April 22, 2018|
|Sl. No.||Name of Security||Scheduled Date of Repayment||Effective date of Repayment||No Interest Accrual from scheduled date of Repayment|
|1.||Repayment of ‘8.24% GS 2018’||April 22, 2018 (Sunday)||April 21, 2018 (Saturday)||April 22, 2018 (Sunday)|
The outstanding balance under 8.24% GS 2018 will be repayable on the effective date of repayment as indicated in column 4 of above table. In the event of a holiday being declared on effective day of repayment by any State Government under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, the Loan/s will be repaid by the paying offices in that State on the previous working day.
As per sub-regulations 24 (2) and 24(3) of Government Securities Regulations, 2007 payment of maturity proceeds to the registered holder of Government Security held in the form of Subsidiary General Ledger or Constituent Subsidiary General Ledger account or Stock Certificate shall be made by a pay order incorporating the relevant particulars of his bank account or by credit to the account of the holder in any bank having facility of receipt of funds through electronic means. For the purpose of making payment in respect of the securities, the original subscriber or the subsequent holders of such Government Securities, shall submit the relevant particulars of their bank account well in advance.
However, in the absence of relevant particulars of bank account / mandate for receipt of funds through electronic means, to facilitate repayment of the Loan on the due date, holders may tender the securities, duly discharged, at the Public Debt Offices, Treasuries / Sub-Treasuries and branches of State Bank of India and its Associate Banks (at which they are enfaced / registered for payment of interest) 20 days in advance of the due date for repayment.
Full details of the procedure for receiving the discharge value may be obtained from any of the aforesaid paying offices.
Related to Your Search:
- Time Limit for Repayment of Educational Loans
- Adjustment of outstanding RD Loan interest of matured RD Account through office account (SOL ID+0023) in CBS post offices
- Jai Jawan Pension Loan for Defence Pensioners
- Introduction of Taxable Floating Rate Savings Bonds 2020 – PIB
- Central Government amends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme through a Notification
- Foreclosure charges / Pre-payment penalties on Housing Loan
- If interest on a housing loan is claimed under Section 24(b) of the Income Tax Act for FY2020-21, the lender’s (bank’s) PAN is required.
- Remittance of NPS funds solely through electronic mode (NEFT/RTGS) from 01st April 2014
- Revision of Standard Inspection Questionnaire for Head Post Office, Sub Post Office, Branch Post Office