Rent and Allied Charges in Respect of Indian Army Officers
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF ACCOUNTS (FYS)
PAY TECH SECTION
ALL Branch AOs
Subject: Information regarding rent and allied charges in respect of Indian Army Officers
A DO Letter has been revived from shri A.V.Rao, IDAS, PCDA, PCDA (O) Pune regarding timely closing of accounts on retrenchment/release of the Army Officers. It has been intimated that large number of debit balances are being reflected in IRLAs of the Army Officers on account of recovery of rent and allied charges after their date of retirement.
As per provisions of Rule 693 & 694 of RMES, “In the case of pensioners and private individuals, rent is recoverable month;y in advance.Rent bills will be sent through the appropriate MES office direct to them for payment, either into the treasury or to the MES office concerned on or before the 5th of the month” .In such a scenario,there is no need to raise a rent bill in r/o officers after retirement and PCDA (O) Pune is not required to wait for the vacation returns.
It is therefore, requested that rent bills of Indian Army Officers deployed at the factory and its allied establishments, may be dealt in accordance with the provisions of RMES and forwarded through Project Bhawan, If rent bill is floated at your end. A compliance report in this regard may please be forwarded to this office latest by 28/02/2019 by mail/fax.
DC of A (Fys)
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of dearness allowance to Armed Forces Personnel
- CGDA Order – Admittance of Ex India claims in r/o Army officers and JCO/ ORs
- PCDA’s Advertisement for banker details : Rank Pay Arrear
- OROP Pension Discrepancies : Details of Nodal Officers of respective PSA
- Enhancement of powers to Assistant Accounts Officer (Group B) in DAD
- Delay in preferment of pension claims in respect of normal discharge PBOR of Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders : Financial guidelines for extension of ECHS facilities to Nepal Domiciled Gorkha (NDG) ESM pensioners in Nepal
- Defence Pension Adalat on 7th and 8th April 2016 – PCDA
- PCDA: Restoration of pension in respect of Defence Service Personnel