Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
REMOVAL UNDER FR56(J)
Dated On: 11 FEB 2021
As per the information/ data provided by different Ministries/ Departments/ Cadre Controlling Authorities(CCAs), provisions of FR 56(J)/ similar Rules have been invoked against 171 Group-A Central Government officers, including All India Services(AIS) officers, and 169 Group-B officers of different Ministries/ Departments during the period from July 2014 to December 2020.
As on 01.03.2018, the sanctioned strength of civilian regular employees under the Central Government is 3802779 and 3118956 employees are in position. Vacancies in the Central Government are caused due to retirement, resignation, death, promotion, etc and the posts falling vacant are required to be filled as per the Recruitment Rules by the concerned Ministries/ Departments/Organizations. Filling up of vacant posts is a continuous process depending on the vacancies arising across Ministries/ Departments during the year, and the action calendar of the recruiting agencies.
Department of Personnel &Training issues instructions from time to time for timely and advance action for filling up the vacant posts. In January 2020, all the Ministries/ Departments of the Central Government have been requested to take time-bound action to fill the existing vacancies in respective Ministries/ Departments and their attached/ subordinate offices.
This was stated by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Filling up of vacant posts in Central Government Ministries / Department – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
- Special Recruitment through SSC, Ministry of Railways and Department of Posts
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation
- Number of Posts Sanctioned, Filled and Vacant of Regular Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Group-wise estimated number of vacant posts of regular Central Government Civilian Employees as on 01.03.2012
- Over 6 Lakh Vacant Posts in Central Government Departments
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs