Emergency Quota in Railways to High Official Requisition (HOR) Holders
Release of Berths Under Emergency Quota in Railways
In order to meet the urgent travel requirements of High Official Requisition (HOR) holders, which includes Central Government Ministers, Judges of Hon’ble Supreme Court/High Courts of various States, Members of Parliament and other emergent demands, who are on the waiting list, a limited number of berths have been earmarked as Emergency Quota in different trains and in different classes.
The quota is released by the Railways in accordance with the priority as per warrant of precedence and well established practice being followed since long. At the time of allotment of berths/seats, emergency quota is first allotted for self travel of HOR holders/Members of Parliament, etc., strictly as per their inter-seniority in warrant of precedence.
Thereafter, other requisitions received from various quarters are considered and the remaining quota is released taking into account various factors like status of passengers travelling, nature of urgency like travelling on government duty, bereavement in the family, sickness, job interview, etc.
Emergency Quota Cells are located at Zonal/Divisional Headquarters and at some of the important non-Headquarter stations. These Cells normally function under the control of a gazetted officer supported by requisite number of staff posted by Zonal Railways.
This information was made available in reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Allotment of berths under physically handicapped quota – Railway Board Order
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Train reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens: Railway Board Circular
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.