Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways
No. II/6/Part 8
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Relaxation of residency period for promotion of Jr. Accounts Asstt (GP 2800/-) as Accounts Asstt (GP 4200/-) on Indian Railways-reg.
NFIR invites kind attention of the Railway Board to the provisions made in the Indian Railway Establishment Manual Vol. I (2009 Edition) – Para 171 (5) wherein it has been stipulated that the posts of Accounts Assistants in GP 4200/PB-2 will be filled by promotion of Jr. Accounts Assistants in GP 2800/- on completion of three years service in the Grade and on passing Appendix-ll Examination. The said para of the IREM is reproduced below:-
“The posts in the grade of Accounts Assistants in Scale Rs. 1400-2600 will be filled by promotion of Junior Accounts Assistants in Scale Rs. 1200-2040 after they have completed three years service in the grade and passed Appendix II examination. Provided that the condition of passing the Appendix II Examination will not be applicable to those Jr. Accounts Assistants, who were promoted as such against un-qualified senior suitable quota as per clause 3 (ii) above”.
2. Further the Federation brings to the notice of Railway Board that vide provision contained in Para 215 (a) of IREM (Rules governing the promotion of Group ‘C’ Staff) – Section B/Chapter I, it has been laid down that for promotion within Group ‘C’, a minimum of 2 years service in the immediate lower Grade is necessary.
In view of the above, Federation proposes that the minimum residency period of three years for promotion of J AA to Accounts Assistants with the condition of passing Appendix 11 IREM Examination be reduced to two years for ensuring equitable justice to staff.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly consider the above points and amend the extant provision of 3 years residency period to two years as is in vogue in other than Accounts Department/which would enable appendix qualified staff to get promotion to the post of Accounts Assistant.
Federation may please be replied of action being taken on the above proposal.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Grade Pay Rs.1800/- (level-1) to Grade Pay Rs.1900/- (Level-2)
- GRANT OF SPECIAL ALLOWANCE RS.1000 TO STAFF OF CASH AND PAY DEPARTMENT
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Helper (G.P Rs.1800, Level-1, Rs.18000-56900) to Technical-III (G.P.Rs.1900, Level-2, Rs.19900-63200)
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Eligibility conditions for promotion from Group ’C’ to Group ’B’ posts in the Accounts Department – Railway Board
- Upgradation of Junior Accounts Assistants GP 2800 to GP 4200 in Railways : Implementation of the VII CPC recommendations
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection
- Promotion of Railway employees – consideration of ACRs
- Railway Board letter to AIRF: Cadre Restructuring of Accounts Staff.