Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons
Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons in Group-C
G.I., Ministry of Railways, Railway Board Letter No.2015/E(Sports)/4(1)/2/Educational Qualification, dated 10.3.2015
Sub : Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of sportspersons in Group-C against sports quota, both through Talent Scouting and Open Advertisement, against the Non-Technical Popular Categories.
Ref.: Railway Board’s letter No.E(NG)II/2-12/RR-1/16/Pt.A dated 17.12.2014 (RBE No- 145/2014).
In the aforesaid letter it has been stipulated that the minimum educational qualification for recruitment to the post of Office Clerk, Account Clerk, Ticket Collector, Commercial Clerk and Train Clerk under Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC), should be 12th (+2 Stage) pass or equivalent, with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate.
2. The question has been raised to whether in the case of sportsperson to be appointed against the post mentioned in pre-para, has to possess minimum of 50% marks in 12th (+2 Stage). The matter has been considered and it has been decided that for recruitment to said posts against sports quota, both through Talent Scouting and Open Advertisement, the candidate having minimum a pass certificate in 12th Class (+2 Stage) need not be insisted upon and candidates possessing a pass certificate in 12th class (+2 Stage), may also be considered for appointment, provided the other prescribed conditions are satisfied in their case.
3. This issues with approval of Board (MS).
Related to Your Search:
- Minimum educational qualification for open market recruitment to various posts on the Railways
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC
- Relaxation of sports Achievements – Recruitment of sports quota for 2020-2021 in the Talent Scouting Category
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-l of the pay matrix of 7th CPC
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Pay Band-I (Grade Pay: Rs.1800)
- Railway Board: Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sports persons on sports accounts
- Railway sports quota recruitment 2020-2021 extended till 30th September 2021