Relaxation of Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972, it has now been decided with the approval of competent authority to grant Commuted Leave without production of medical certificate to those officials who are above 50 years of age and have underlying conditions
F.No.11013/9/2014 – Estt (A-III)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 20th March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID19 – Relaxation in CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that the leave sanctioning authorities were advised vide O.M. of even number dated 17th March, 2020 to sanction leave who wish to self-quarantine, as a preventive measure. In this regard, in relaxation of Central Civil Services CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972, it has now been decided with the approval of competent authority to grant Commuted Leave without production of medical certificate to those officials who are above 50 years of age and have underlying conditions i.e. Diabetes, Respiratory problems, Renal diseases and other life-threatening illness, for a period upto 4th April, 2020, so as to avoid unnecessary burden on the health care system.
These instructions shall be applicable to Ministries / Departments / attached and subordinate offices of Central Government. Similar instructions may be issued to Autonomous / Statutory Bodies.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Central Government employees
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- Opening of Departmental Canteens in Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices Covid-19 – DoPT 2021
- Close all Departmental Canteens until further orders – spread of COVID-19 – DoPT
- Government servants who have underlying conditions were undergoing treatment before lockdown, may be exempted from roster duty
- Attendance of Central Government officials – Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – DoPT Order
- Closure of Departmental Canteens – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19
- Contractual staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, treated as on duty – COVID-19