Rectification of 6th CPC Grade Pay, Pay Structure anomolies relating to railway employees – Letter to PM
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD FlOAD, NEW DELHI 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (lNTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
Hon ’ble Prime Minister of India,
Sub: Rectification of 6th CPC Grade Pay, Pay Structure anomalies relating to railway employees – reg.
Kind attention of Hon’ble Prime Minister is invited to the following issues wherein Railway Ministry having conceded that the anomalies arisen as a result of the implementation of revised pay structure of 6th Central Pay Commission needs Io be rectified, has sent proposal Io the Ministry of Finance seeking clearance in order to see that improvements are made in the Grade Pay & Pay Structure of different sections of railway employees:-
- Merger of Technicians-II with Technicians-I in GP Rs.2800/- in the Railways.
- Revision of entry grade pay of Station Masters to Rs. 4200/- (PB-2)
- Replacement of Grade Pay Rs. 4600/- with Rs. 4800/- (PB-2).
- Allotment of entry Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- to Group ‘B’ Gazetted Staff.
- Revision of Grade Pay of Loco Pilots (Mail) and Guards.
- Placement of Junior Administrative Grade Officers in PB-4.
2. So far as the issues mentioned at item no.(i) to (v) are concerned proposals were sent by Railway Ministry to Ministry of Finance in the year 2010 with the approval 0f Railway Minister. Unfortunately, the proposals have not been approved by the Finance Ministry. The proposals cover near about six (06) lakhs employees on Indian Railways who are seriously disappointed over procrastination of the matters by the Finance Ministry.
3. Pursuant to the directives of the Railway Minister, the Chairman/Railway Board held a separate meeting with NFIR on 23nd August, 2013 in which Member Staff and Financial Commissioner Railways have also participated. In the said meeting Railway Board has stated as follows:-
|Issue raised by Federation||Comments|
1. Merger of Technicians-II with Technicians-I in GP Rs.2800/- in the Railways.
2. Revision of entry grade pay of Station Masters to Rs. 4200/- (PB-2)
3. Replacement of Grade Pay Rs. 4600/- with Rs. 4800/- (PB-2).
4. Allotment of entry Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- to Group ‘B’ Gazetted Staff.
The pay package of the Central Government Employees including Railway Employees, is based on the recommendations of the Central Pay Commission (CPC) set up by the Government. The 6th CPC submitted its report in March, 2008 and the Government after certain modifications/improvements of 6th CPC as accepted by the Government have already been implemented. Further, as per the decision of the Government in pursuance of agreement with the Staff Side, Anomaly Committies have been set up under the Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM Scheme) at National and Departmental (Railways) levels as per the terms and conditions laid down by the nodal Ministry to look into the anomalies arising out of implementation of the recommendations of 6th CPC. The recommendations of the Anomaly Committies are subject to the acceptance by the Government. The current status of the issues are as under;
Based on the deliberations in Departmental Committee (Railways) and further discussions of recognised Federations with Board, various proposals regarding merget of Technicians Grade-I and Grade-II, replacement of Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- with Rs.4800/-, additional alloawnce to running staff etc., are under examination in consultation with Ministry of Finance from time to time. These issues have been pursued at the level of Hon’ble MR for Railways vide letter dated 21/11/2012 addressed to Hon’ble Finance Minister. Recently, Hon’ble Finance Minister vide his letter dated 16/02/2013 has conveyed his disagreement on the issue of grant of Rs.4800/- to Sr.Supervisors. The mater is under further examination. Response from Ministry of Finance on the other items is still awaited.
NFIR, therefore, requests kind intervention of the Hon’ble Prime Minister for issuing suitable directives to Finance Ministry, Railway Ministry etc., to resolve above proposals without further delay.
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Minister gives assurance to settle the pending issues of Railway employees
- Proposal of upgradation, stepping up, merger of Grade Pay for which MoF & DoPT not agreed: NFIR to discuss with 7th CPC
- Allotment of Revised Pay Structure for Official Language Staff
- Serious disappointment on retrograde and perverse recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission – NFIR
- Strike Ballot decision on NFIR’s charter of Demands-reg
- Grant of pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff promoted to same Grade pay of Rs.1800/0 (PB-1) – NFIR’s PNM Item No.32/2015.
- 7th CPC: Payment of leave salary to the running staff after the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- 7th CPC Grant of non-functional upgradation in Level-9 to Group ‘C’ Supervisors of Accounts Department of Railways