Recruitment of Trade Apprentice in Ordnance Factories – BPMS writes to OFB
BPMS writes to OFB regarding the policy for giving preference to its own ex-trade apprentices in recruitment of Semi Skilled (Tradesman) in Ordnance Factories.
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
The Director (IR),
Ordnance Factory Board,
10 A, S K Bose Road,
Kolkata – 700001
Subject: Recruitment of Industrial Employees from Ex-Trade Apprentice of Ord Fys.
Reference: OFB ID No. 570/Per/I/Pt.54/294/Vol.IV, dated 24.06.2015
With due regards, it is submitted that Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Apprentice Act, 1961 has been amended and notified in Gazette of India on 05.12.2014 which states as under:-
“Every employer shall formulate its own policy for recruiting any apprentice who has completed the period of apprenticeship training in his establishment”.
In such circumstances, OFB should formulate its policy for giving preference to its own extrade apprentices in recruitment of Semi Skilled (Tradesman) in Ord Fys in following manner :-
1. The factories shall maintain the batch wise / trade wise seniority list of ex-trade apprentices of their own factory. Marks obtained in the examination for National Apprenticeship Certificate should be determining factor of intra batch/trade wise seniority. As and when vacancies arise and factories are permitted to make direct induction, in the first instance, ex-trade apprentices of their own factories will be considered for recruitment.
Only trade test would be conducted to ascertain whether the ex-trade apprentice is fit for the employment.
2. If the factory fails to meet the requirement of candidates for recruitment from the list of their ex-trade apprentices maintained either because of exhausting the list or because of the unsuitability / ineligibility of the ex-trade apprentices in the list, the factory may notify such number of vacancies as required by them to the Employment Exchange.
3. Simultaneously, the factory will have to notify the vacancies in Newspapers / Employment News. While notifying the vacancies to the Employment Exchange or in the Newspaper a mention will be made to the effect that ex-trade apprentices of Ord Fys would be given preference in recruitment.
Kindly consider the above view in correct perspective and take appropriate action so that extrade apprentices of Ord Fys may be preferred in the recruitment of Semi Skilled (Tradesman) in OFB organization.
(M P SINGH)
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of Ex-Trade Apprentices in Ordnance Factories – BPMS
- Relaxation of Age in recruitment of Industrial Employees.
- Recruitment of Tradesmen in Dumdum and Nalanda Ordnance Factories – Call letter to Trade Test
- Revised rates of stipend to Trade Apprentices in Ordnance Establishments
- Rationalisation of Industrial Trades in Ordnance Factories
- Modernisation of Ordnance Factories
- INDWF News – Trade Test in respect of Industrial Employees
- No Corporatization of Ordnance Factories: Defence Minister Assured BPMS
- Incentive to Examiners of OFB