Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
RBE No. 98/2016
Clarification/Corrigendum No. 74
New Delhi, dated 12.08.2016
The General Managers (P),
All Zonal Railways including
CLW, DLW, ICF, RCF, RWF, Metro Railway/Kolkata,
The CAO(R), DMW/Patiala,
The DG, RDSO/Lucknow.
Sub: Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy.
Ref: Board’s letter No. 2010/E (Sports)/4(1)/1 (policy) dated 31.12.2010 (RBE No. 189/2010).
Attention is invited to Annexure-I to Board’s letter No. 2013/E(Sports)/4(1)/1/Policy Clarifications dated 23.12.2013 circulating the List of Junior National Championships recognized by RSPB for recruitment of sportspersons on Indian Railways against sports quota.
The 4th item of SN/12 of the list, name Vijay Hazare Trophy (One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship) as under-19 Men Cricket Championship.
However as per the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Handbook, the Vijay Hazare Trophy is for Seniors and is not a Junior Championship. The inclusion of the said Championship in the List of Junior Championship in the above said Board’s policy letter dated 31.12.2010 is thus a clerical mistake and may be treated as deleted.
(Bhaskar Roy Choudhary)
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Out of Turn Promotion of sportspersons on sports account in Probation period.
- Recruitment of sportspersons on Zonal Railways/ Production Units against Sports Quota
- Out-of-Turn Promotions to Sports persons/coaches for excellence in field for sports – Clarification by Railway Board
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy: Railway Board Order
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sportspersons on sports accounts for representing India in Olympic games
- Relaxation of sports Achievements – Recruitment of sports quota for 2020-2021 in the Talent Scouting Category
- Recruitment against Sports Quota on the basis of medal winning position in All India Inter University Championships only through Open Advertisement Quota.