Recruitment of candidates from Open Market in Pay Level-1 of 7th CPC against 20% vacancies reserved for Course Completed Act Apprentices trained by the Railways
No. II/94/Part I
Sub: Recruitment of candidates from Open Market in Pay Level-1 of 7th CPC against 20% vacancies reserved for Course Completed Act Apprentices trained by the Railways-reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s instructions contained in RBE No. 71/2016 dated 21/06/2017 & RBE No. 34/2017 dated 12/04/2017.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. II/94/Part I dated 17/07/2017 to Board (CRB).
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2016/RR-1/8 dated 12/08/2017.
Kind attention is invited to the instructions issued by the Railway Board vide RBE No. 71/2016 dated 21/06/2017 and 34/2017 dated 12/04/2017 wherein decision has been taken to reserve 20% vacancies against direct recruitment quota in Pay Level-1 of 7th CPC pay matrix from amongst Course Completed Act Apprentices trained by the Railways.
In this connection, Federation has come across the Centralized Employment No. CEN 02/2018 (published on 10/02/2018 and Closing date 12/03/2018) wherein the Course Completed Act Apprentice trained in Railway establishments have been allowed to compete along with other outside candidates (Para 12.0 of the notification may be seen) for which respective RRBs have been entrusted the job to recruit the candidates for the Zones to which the requirement is to be catered for. In this connection, Federation conveys that this process is time consuming and the designated RRBs are likely to take more than six months to finalize the panels. The Zonal Railways on receipt of the panels will take further period of about 2-3 months to get the selected and empanelled candidates medically examined for issuing posting orders.
In order to ensure quick availability of candidates, Federation suggests that the quota of 20% vacancies in respect of Railway Act Apprentices may be allowed to be filled by the Zonal Railways directly without linking to RRB/RRC recruitment process.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board (CRB) to kindly arrange to review the matter and see that instructions to the General Managers are issued for inducting Course Completed Act Apprentices to the extant of 20% vacancies in Pay Level-1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix without linking to the recruitment process conducted by RRBs/RRCs.
Federation may kindly be kept advised of the action taken in the matter.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source : NFIR
Related to Your Search:
- 20% Vacancies in 7th CPC Pay Level-1 reserved for Course Completed Act Apprentices
- Engagement of Course Completed Act Apprentices as substitutes in Group ‘D’ on Indian Railways
- Facility of free journey to SC/ST candidates appearing in exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)/Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC) on. the downloadable admit cards: Railway Board Order
- Facility of free journey to SC/ST candidates appearing in exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards
- Direct recruitment from open market in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Functioning of Railway Recruitment Board
- Procedure for Direct Recruitment in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Filling up of vacancies of Sr.SO(A/cs) Sr.ISA and Sr.TIA Grade Rs.9300-34800/ Grade Pay Rs.4800/-through direct recruitment.
- System improvement regarding selection of Apprentices for training under the Apprentices Act, 1961-reg.