Recovery of electricity charges from domestic consumers in Defence
OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
UDAYAN VIHAR, NARANGI, GUWAHATI-781171
AO GE/ AO BSO
C/O 99 APO
SUBJECT : Recovery of electricity charges from all domestic paying consumers – Officers/JCOs/ORs and equivalent.
Reference :- HQ CGDA , Delhi Cantt letter No. 18020/AT-X/XXXVII dated 20/10/2016.
It has been observed by the CGDA , New Dehi during analysis of information of recovery of electricity charges / consumption from all domestic paying consumers that significant number of stations impose electricity charges at flat rates. It has also been observed that no billing is being done in large no of cases in respect of PBORs on the pretext of free consumers.
2. In this connection, it is intimate that flat rates are applicable in the case of not functioning / faulty meters or in case of non-installation of meters. As per GOI MOD letter No. 9(1)/2005/D(Works-II) dated 25th October 2005, only 100 units per month of electricity are free for Officers/JCOs/ORs and its equivalent. Excess of free electricity will be charged as per rates applicable at the station . E-in-C’s Branch has also clarified that fixed charges /meters rent etc are to be recovered from consumers, if charged by Local Civil Authorities. In such conditions charging at flat rates / no billing may cause huge revenue loss to the Govt.
3. It is , therefore , requested to looked into the matter personally in consultation with their respective GEs/BSOs to strictly adhere to the Govt orders on recovery of electricity charges from domestic consumers in Defence. In case, faulty meters are not repaired or not installed , such cases may be considered for inclusion in MFAI Report.
4. Please accord Priority.
(K Lalbiakchhunga), IDAS
Related to Your Search:
- Restriction of one cylinder per month removed to benefit consumers; Number of subsidised cylinders will continue to be 12
- Recovery of licence fee under FR-B with and without Departmental Charges and the Special Licence Fee in respect of General Pool Accommodation including Hostel accommodation in Delhi
- Recovery of licence fee under FR-B with and without Departmental Charges and the Special Licence Fee in respect of General Pool Accommodation including Hostel accommodation in Delhi.
- Charging of damages for unauthorized occupation of defence pool accommodation and recovery of licence fee
- PCDA – Revision of flat rate of license fee for General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) for all ministries/ Departments
- NPS Online Services for the Department of Posts are now available
- Recovery of excess amount paid to pre-1996 retirees.
- Revision of flat rates of Licence fee for Central Govt Residential Accommodation throughout the country
- Revision of flat rates of licence fee for General Pool Residential Accommodation throughout the country