PCDA circular on Recording of PPO Number in the Bank Pass Book of Defence pensioner/family pensioner
Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad-211014
Circular No. 185
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre – Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051.
2. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
3. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank)
Sub: Recording of PPO Number in the Bank Pass Book of Defence pensioner/family pensioner
Ministry of Finance has been receiving various applications from Central Civil Pensioners/Family Pensioners and Registered Welfare Organisations related to pension problems like how to get duplicate PPO in case of missing of original PPO, commencement of family pension to spouse or dependent children after the death of pensioner, transfer of pension account from one bank/branch to another bank/branch. However, complaints are not attended immediately by banks in absence of PPO numbers in bank pass books. To obviate this situation, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Central Pension Accounting Office vide OM No. CPAO / Tech / Clarification / P&PW I 2014-15/426-497 dt. 17.09.2014 advised the Heads of all CPPCs and Government
Business Departments to instruct all their bank branches dealing with pension payments to record the PPO numbers in all the pass book of the pensioners/family pensioner issued by them.
However, there was no mention about applicability of above instruction to defence pensioners/family pensioners. Therefore, a clarification in this regard was sought from the Ministry, who has now advised, vide F.No. 7/124/2014-BOA dt. 23rd Aug 2016 to the CEOs of all PSBs to ensure recording of PPO numbers in the bank pass books of Defence pensioner/family pensioners.
It is therefore requested to issue suitable instructions to all your bank branches dealing with pension payments to record the PPO numbers in the bank pass books of Defence Pensioners/family pensioners (including Defence Civilian Pensioners/family pensioners).
Related to Your Search:
- Self Certification by the Family Pensioner Itself: Amendment to the Scheme for payment of pensions by auuthorized bank
- PCDA Circular 190 – Non transfer of Pension files from banks to other PDAs
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Procedure of recovery of excess payment made to pensioners – Bank should not refuse the pension on the pretext of excess payment/recoveries
- Issue of Pension Slip to Defence Pensioners/family pensioners: PCDA
- Implementation of Governments decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners, etc
- Waiver of requirement of producing two pensioners drawing pension from same PDA to identify the pensioner
- Providing breakup of pension and arrear payments & recoveries to pensioners