Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running staff – Decisions thereof on Breach of Rest Allowance.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 135/2016
No. 2014/E(P&A)II/HPC Report
New Delhi, dated 18.11.2016
The General Managers(P)/CAOs,
All Indian Railways
and Production Units etc.
Sub: Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running staff – Decisions thereof on Breach of Rest Allowance.
The High Power Committee, constituted to review the duty hours of running staff and other safety related categories made its recommendations on various aspects related to working hours of these categories. The recommendations have been duly considered by the Board and the following decisions relating to Beach of Rest Allowance have been made:
(i) The provisions contained in Rule 10 regarding Breach of Rest Allowance in the “The Rules for the Payments of Running and other Allowances to the Running Staff on Railways, 1981” are reiterated. Breach of rest whether at Headquarters or at outstation should be permitted only in emergent situations like accidents, natural calamities and national emergencies subject to operational exigencies.
(ii) There should be no Breach of Rest Allowance for breach of rest at Outstaions. It will, however, continue to be admissible for breach of rest at Headquarters.
(iii) There should be no Breach of Rest Allowance for breach in periodical rest. However, if need does arise for curtailment of periodical rest, it should be permitted only if the running staff has availed a complete night in bed during the periodical rest.
(iv) The present rates for payment of Breach of Rest Allowance will continue.
(v) Cases of breach of rest should be regularly monitored at a sufficiently high level in divisional offices and zonal offices.
2. This issues with the conncurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
3. Please acknowledge receipt.
(Salim Md. Ahmed)
Related to Your Search:
- Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running staff – Decisions thereof on Breach of Rest Allowance
- Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running and other safety related categories of staff – Job Analysis
- Rest Rules for Running staff of Indian Railways
- Railways – Resumption of duty by Loco Running Staff after availing periodic rest or leave – Booking of Running Staff
- Loco running staff as on April 2017 is 87196
- Revision of the rates of Allowance in lieu of Running room facilities, Shunting Duty Allowance, Trip Allowance and Commercial duty Allowance pay able to the running staff with effect from 1-1-2011.
- Loco Running Staff – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Railways: Committee to examine the demand for consideration of Ticket Checking Staff as Running Staff
- Railway Board referred Running, Additional and Breakdown allowances to 7th Pay Commission for consideration…