Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes – reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 06/2016.
(ii) Board’s letter No. E(W)2006/PS5-1/28 dated 18/04/2007 & 08/05/2008.
(iii) Board’s letter No. E(W)2013/PS5-1/7 dated 16/12/2013.
(iv) Board’s letter No. E(W)2013/PS5-1/28 dated 12/03/2014.
(v) Board’s letter No. E(W)2016/PS5-8/2 dated 19/04/20l8.
(vi) NFIR’s letter No. I/15/Part III dated 06/07/2018, 17108/2018 & 03/10/2018.
(vii) NFIR’s letter No. I/15/2018 dated 12/03/2019.
Responding to the instructions issued by the Railway Board vide letter dated 19/04/2018 with reference to NFIR’s PNM Agenda Item No. 06/2016, Federation vide series of letters, latest being dated 12/03/2019, requested the Railway Board to restore previous instructions issued vide No. E(W)2006/PS5-1/28 dated 18/04/2007 to facilitate the benefit of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes to the Former Defence Forces Personnel etc., working in Railways (as announced by Hon’ble MR in the Parliament during the course of presenting Rail Budget 2007-08). Federation further desires to bring to the notice of the Railway Board that the subject was also discussed with ED(IR) on 3rd July, 2018 while specific case belonging to North Western Railway was also cited wherein the Zonal Railway has taken negative view and declined to implement Board’s instructions dated 19104/2018 stating that the employee has not completed 20 years or more service in Railways, therefore not entitled for PRCP.
During NFIR’s PNM meeting held with the Railway Board on 25/26-4-2019 though the subject could not be discussed due to paucity of time, the position conveyed through Action Taken Statement to the Federation is as follows :-
” The matter is under re-examination on file in consultation with Associate Finance”
NFIR, therefore once again urges upon the railway Board to issue suitable clarificatory instructions, duly modifying earlier instructions dated 19/04/2018 to facilitate the Former Defence Forces Personnel/Central Government Employees who joined Railways, to avail the benefit of PRCP on the basis of length of service rendered in Railways and in the previous Central Government Organizations. A copy of the modified
instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Reckoning service for entitlement of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes
- Validity of Duty/Privilege/Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) in Duronto Express trains.
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Grant of full sets of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to staff retired in GP 1800
- Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders (PTOs)
- AIRF: Extending the validity of full/half sets of Privilege Passes, Post Retirement Complimentary Passes, Widow Passes and Privilege Ticket Orders(PTOs)
- Grant of full sets of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) after 20 years of railway service
- Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to Group ‘D’ employees Retired on or after 1.1.2006
- Absorption of Diploma Holder as JE-II Case of Diploma Holder progressmen working in RE Organization