Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to the Station Master category in Railways.
No. IV//MACPS/ 09/2019
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to the Station Master category in Railways – reg.
Federation feels disappointed that despite the above subject was listed in the PNM Agenda two years ago, there has been no decision from Railway Board till date.
Vide NFIR’s letter of even no. dated 09/04/2019, merits of the case have been adequately explained besides extract of Item No. 31 of Railway Board’s letter PC-V/99 /1/1/1 dated 19/02/2002 has also been furnished. In terms of item No. 31 of Board’s letter dated 19/02/2002, the Station Masters are entitled for 3rd financial upgradation under MACPS in GP 5400/ Level-9 (7th CPC). In this connection, Railway Board’s letter No. PC- V/2019/ CC/ 7/WCR dated 05/04/2019 addressed to General Manager (P), W.C. Railway, Jabalpur allowing 3rd financial upgradation in terms of Board’s letter dated 19th February,2002 (para 1.4) may be connected. It is however unfortunate that although the case of Station Master category gets covered by Railway Board’s letter dated 19th February, 2002 for the purpose of entitlement of 3rd financial upgradation (GP 5400/Level-9) under MACPS, the Railway Board have not responded to Federation’s PNM Item No. 15/2017 even after lapse of two years.
Attention is also invited to 7th CPC recommendation contained in para 11.40.55 of the report, relevant extract of which is placed below :-
“Keeping in mind the identical educational qualifications required for the posts of ASM and SM, with practically no difference in the functions performed by .them, and the historical importance of the post, it is recommended that the ASMs in GP 2800 should first be upgraded to GP 4200 and then fitted in the revised Pay Matrix. The cadre will then have 60 percent posts in Level 60 and 40 percent in Level 7. The designation of ASM may be abolished”.
Federation once again urges upon the Railway Board to expedite action and decision, granting 3rd financial upgradation under MACPS to Station Master category in GP 5400/- Level-9.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah).
Related to Your Search:
- Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to Station Master Category in Railways
- Station Masters receive a financial upgradation under the MACP scheme
- MACP – Financial upgradation under MACPS to the staff joined on request transfer in lower post-correct implementation of extant orders
- Pay fixation to Running Staff while granting financial upgradation in the identical Grade Pay (VI CPC) under MACPS – Reckoning Special Running Staff Allowance for pay fixation
- Grant of Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Employees.
- MACPS on Promotional Hierarchy – NFIR
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme in the promotional hierarchy
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomaly: NFIR writes to Railway Board
- Financial upgradation to Section Controllers ignoring the promotion from the post of Station Master (GP Rs. 4200/- pre revised Rs. 5000-8000) to Section Controller (PB-2, G.P Rs.4200/-/ Pre revised Rs. 5500-9000)