Ratio of Promotion in CSS
Is there any ratio in which the Promotee Assistants and Direct Recruit Assistants were being promoted to the Section Officer Grade prior to Cadre restructuring undertaken during early 1990s..? and Whether the Committee of Secretaries, while considering Cadre restructuring of CSS, had recommended promotion of Promotee Assistants and Direct Recruit Assistants to the Section Officer Grade in the ratio of 75:25..?
The Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Shri.V.Narayanasamy replied to the above questions in Lok Sabha on 13th March, 2013 as follows:
“No ratio has been prescribed for either Promotee or Direct Recruit category Assistants for promotion to the grade of Section Officer.
Promotions to the grade of Section Officer are made through two streams, viz.,
(i) by seniority and
(ii) by holding Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE). In both the streams, all eligible Assistants, whether direct recruit or promotee are participating.
No such recommendation has been made by Committee of Secretaries”.
Related to Your Search:
- Stepping up of Pay of Senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors – clarifications
- Data in respect of Direct Recruit Assistants for Web Based software solution for Cadre Management of CSS reg.
- Stepping up of pay of senior of CSS promotion in the Officers Grade than juniors
- Posting of Direct Recruit Assistant Section Officers in CSS
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts for Group “B” & “C” [other than IRS] Posts
- 3rd Cadre Restructuring of Central Secretariat Service (CSS)
- Reintroduction of direct recruitment in LDC in Central Secretariat – meeting to discuss to elicit views regarding
- Central Secretariat employees seek pay parity
- Revised Guidelines regarding Centralisation of Cadre Management of CSS with the CS Division of DOP&T