Provisions in respect of the Contract Workers on Indian Railway
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(LL)/2015/PNM/AIRF/1 New Delhi,
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways & PUs.
Sub: Provisions in respect of the Contract Workers on IR.
Ref: Board’s letter of even number dated 20.10.2015
Payment of minimum wages to workers employed on Railways under the various provisions of the Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 has become a pivotal issue in the present economic scenario. A meeting in this regard was held by Chief Labour Commissioner (Centre) on 15.11.2017 wherein the following issues, inter alia, were discussed:
(i) Whether new rates of minimum wages w.e.f. 01.04.2017 are being paid to the contract workers;
(ii) Mode of payment to contract workers through bank/cheque/cash;
(iii) Whether provident fund is deducted from the payment made to the contract workers and the same is credited to that PF account;
(iv) Whether medical facilities from ESI are made available to contract workers;
(v) Issue of slips towards payment made to contract worker to bring out transparency in the system.
2. Since the factual report is to be submitted to Ministry of Labour & Employment within 15 days, the Railways are requested to provide the information at the earliest at Fax No. 011 – 23070939.
Source: Indian Railways
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of wages under the Minimum Wages Act to contract/casual workers in CPSEs
- Denial of proper wages, working hours, holidays etc., to the contract workers in Railways-reg.
- Payment of Minimum Wages to Contract/Casual Employees
- Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2016
- Railways: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance
- NFIR: TA/DA, PF, Pass, Medical and accommodation facilities to the contract Para-Medical Staff working in Railways
- Non payment of minimum wages by outsourcing agencies
- Railway Board Order: Revision of minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.04.2017
- Minimum rates of wages and variable dearness allowance w.e.f. 01.10.2017: Railway Board Order RBE No. 178/2017