Railway Recruitment Board: Common Examination for the ALP & Technician
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RRCB NO. 01/2014
New Delhi, Dated. 17.01.2014
All Railway Recruitment Boards.
Sub.: Streamlining of working of RRBs-Holding of common RRB examination for the ALP & Technician.
Ref.: Board’s letter No.2009/E(RRB)/25/20 dated 28.10.2009 (RRCB No. 04/2009).
Vide Board’s letter under reference comprehensive orders on the streamlining of functioning of RRB were issued. This process has been under constant review and scrutiny based on the experiences of examination held against CEN of 2010, 2011 & 2012 so that the RRBs exams can be held in more efficient and cost effective manner. It has been noticed that minimum educational qualification for the two categories of ALPs & Technicians being common ( i.e. ITI in the relevant trade) , most of the candidates applying for these categories are common. Still, conventionally two different notifications and exams have been issued/organized for these two categories separately. This results in holding two different exams for same set of candidates on two different occasions and also if the candidate is selected in both the exams, he joins against one category of posts leaving the other vacant. This is also one of the reasons for short Panels.
2. To streamline and standardize selection procedure and also to address the problem of short panels in critical safety categories like ALP & Technicians, Board has decided for holding a common RRB examination for the ALP and Technicians categories from 2014 onwards, For this, the following changes in the existing recruitment system are being introduced with immediate effect.
|No. of questions|
|90||Gen. Awareness||Arithmetic||Gen. Intelligence &
(i) Nodal RRB/Chennai will issue a common Centralized Employment Notification on behalf of all the participating RRBs for these two categories of post viz. ALPs & Technicians.
(ii) For the selection of ALP & Technician, a common written examination will be conducted on the same day simultaneously by all the participating RRBs in one or more sessions depending upon the numbers of candidates applying for the examination on that RRB.
3. A common structure of question papers for the written examination of the categories of ALP & Technicians should be followed/adopted as detailed under, which is in supersession of Boards letter No. 2009/E(RRB)/25/20 pt. dated 05.01.2011(RRCB No. 1/2011) for these two categories :
4. As per the existing instructions, candidates to the tune of five times the vacancies are short listed for appearing in the Psycho- Tests for ALPs. It has now been decided that the number of candidates to be short-listed for Psycho Test may be increased to eight times of the vacancies subject to securing minimum qualifying marks prescribed for respective community in the written examination on the same lines as ASMs communicated vide Board’s letter No. 2013/E(RRB)/25/23 dated 08.10.2013 (RRCB No. 1/2013)
5. With a view to avoid shortfall while preparing the panels, if any, the zone of stand by/waiting list is also being increased from present 30% to 50% for the above mentioned categories combined together
6. It should be clearly brought out in all the communications to the candidates that a candidate once empanelled for any of the posts depending on his choice/merit position will not be considered for alternative appointment later if he is found medically unfit. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, should satisfy themselves about fulfilling the prescribed medical standards before opting for various posts.
These modifications are issued with the approval of Board and may be implemented from CEN01/2014 onwards.
Joint Director, Estt. (RRB)
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Jobs – Railway Recruitment Board 12042 Technician Posts – Last date 16.7.2012
- Facility of free journey to SC/ST candidates appearing in exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)/Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC) on. the downloadable admit cards: Railway Board Order
- Allotment of qualification based pay matrix – ECG Technicians in Railways
- Facility of free journey to SC/ST candidates appearing in exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards
- Training period of wards of deceased/medically decategorised Railway employees appointed on compassioate grounds as Technician Gr. III in (erstwhile GP 1900/Pay Level-2 of 7th CP)
- Grant of Leave to Probationary officers appearing in CSE/ESE
- NFIR – Creation of the posts of Driver-cum- Technician in the Track Machine organization on Indian Railways
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01.11.2013 – Case of AC Escorting staff of South western Railway
- 7th CPC – Revision of the rates of Breakdown Allowance