Railway Board Orders – Introduction of Mechatronics Trade at Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) Varanasi.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RMLWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
New Delhi, dated 13/08/2013
Sub : Introduction of Mechatronics Trade at DLW, Varanasi.
DLW vide their letter No.CME/Plant/Mechatronics Trade dated 02/06/2011, have proposed introduction of “Mechatronics” trade in the Technician category. The matter has been considered by Board and it has been decided that a separate cadre of “Mechatronics” trade be created by transferring the existing vacancies of Direct Recruitment quota which is normally 25% of the total vacancies of Technicians in the trades of Mechanical Fitter, Electrician and Motor Mechanics trades in Maintenance Department of DLW. DLW should also ensure that under no circumstances, higher grade posts are transferred and in no case the promotional prospects of the existing staff should be jeopardized.
To begin with Direct Recruitment quota vacancies of only Technician Grade III (in the trades of Mechanical Fitter, Electrician and Motor Mechanics trades in Maintenance Department) shall be transferred to create the “Mechatronics” trade. The DR quota vacancies, earmarked from the Technician trades stated above, shall only be filled by Direct Recruitment through RRB, as per the qualifications mentioned below :
i) Mechanic Mechatronics
ii) Mechanic Industrial Electronics
iii) Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance
v) Instrumental Mechanic
vi) Electronic Mechanic
It has also been decided that pursuant to a new cadre of Mechatronics, DLW would subsequently be reducing the trades of Mechanical Fitter, Electrician and Motor Mechanics and to the extent of lateral transfer of DR quota vacancies to “Mechatronics” trade, there will be no Direct Recruitment in the technician trades of Mechanical Fitter, Electrician and Motor Mechanics.
Any deviation from these instructions would require prior approval of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Related to Your Search:
- South Eastern Railway invites applications for TGT, PGT, Jr. Engineer , Clerk, Technician (SRD for PWD Candidates) – 363 Posts.
- Recognition of Certificate/Qualification of Industrial Training Institute (I.T.I.) upgraded as Centre of Excellence (COE) and its acceptance for the purpose of employment in railways – Railway Board Order
- MACP Scheme for Railway Servants – Treatment of employees selected under LDCE/GDCE Scheme – Clarification reg.
- MACP Scheme for Railway Servants – Treatment of employees selected under LDCE/ GDCE Scheme – Clarification reg.
- Clarification regarding educational qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (Diesel/Electric)
- Promotional Avenue of ESMs in S&T Department
- Discontinuation of Direct Recruitment to the posts of Senior Section Engineers – Railway Board Order
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds