Display of Identity Cards
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Rail Bhawan is located at Central Vista which is a very sensitive/ high-security zone due to its proximity to Parliament House, Rashtrapati Bhawan, and other Secretariat buildings. Instructions have, therefore, been issued from time to time by Railway Board that officers and staff of Railway Board will have access to Rail Bhawan only on display of their Identity Cards issued by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on their person which will enable the security personnel to maintain proper access control to Rail Bhawan and in distinguishing Railway Board employees from visitors.
As the above aforesaid instructions are not being followed diligently, it is reiterated that all employees of Railway Board should invariably display their Identity Cards issued by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on their persons while entering Rail Bhawan as well as during the period of their stay in it. To ensure compliance with these instructions, security personnel posted in Rail Bhawan are being advised to deny entry to any officer or staff in Rail Bhawan, irrespective of designation, who do not display their identity card issued by MHA.
In the above matter, a copy of latest O.M.No.D-32018/2/2008-SSO dated 28.08.2017 issued by Ministry of Home Affairs (Secretariat of Security Organisation) is enclosed for information.
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
(Secretariat Security Organisation)
NDDC-II Building, Jai Singh Road,
New Delhi, the 28th Aug 2017.
Sub: Display of Identity Cards by Government Servants while entering and during stay in Government buildings under MFIA security cover – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Government buildings under MHA security cover are high-security zones, the access to which is regulated as per Central Secretariat Security Instructions, 1976. As per these instructions, Government servants are allowed access to the Government buildings only by displaying their ID cards. Ministry of Home Affairs has issued several instructions in the past emphasizing the need for the display of Identity Cards by all officers and staff working in the Government buildings to enable the security personnel to maintain proper access control and in distinguishing employees from visitors. Security personnel posted in various Government buildings have brought to the notice of this Ministry instances where some Government employees are reluctant, at times even adamant, not to show Identity Cards while entering the Government buildings. It may be appreciated that this is not desirable keeping in view the heightened threat perception to Government Buildings and other installations.
2. It is, therefore, requested that the officers and staff working in various Government buildings may be sensitized to display their identity cards on their person while entering the building as well as during their stay in it. It is also requested that in order to emphasize the importance of the issue, signage clearly mentioning ” PLEASE DISPLAY YOUR IDENTITY CARDS WHILE STAY IN THE BUILDING ” may be displayed at all the entries gates to the building. Simultaneously, security personnel posted in various Government buildings are being advised to deny entry to any officer or staff in the building irrespective of designation who do not display their Identity Cards issued by MHA.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India.
Related to Your Search:
- Family Identity Cards to rFamily Identity Cards to retiring / retired railway employees will now be for lifetime instead of 7 years: Railway Board Orderetiring/retired railway employees will now be for lifetime instead of 7 years: Railway Board Order
- National Emblem on the Identity Card of pensioners
- Issue of MHA validation cards to the Central Government Employees for the year 2021
- NFIR: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Clarification on issue of Identity Cards to Central Government Pensioners
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020. AIRF writes to Railway Board
- Family Identity Cards for retired railway employees