Public Sector Bank Employees Pension Scheme
Public Sector Bank(PSB) employees pension scheme : Public Sector Banks employees, who have joined on or after 1.4.2010 are covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS) and , the employees of State Bank of India, who have joined on or after 1.8.2010 are covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS).
The below detailed information was presented as a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha by the Minister of State for Finance Shri.Namo Narain Meena on 8.3.2013.
“Most of the employees of various Public Sector Banks (PSBs) are covered under Bank Employees Pension Regulations pronounced in 1995. Employees who did not opt for pension scheme are continuing under Contributory Provident Fund. Employees who have joined on or after 1.4.2010 are covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS). Employees of State Bank of India are covered under SBI Pension Fund Rules which came into existence in 1955. Employees joining State Bank of India on or after 1.8.2010 are covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS).
Employees of Regional Rural Banks cannot be included in the prevailing Pension Schemes of the PSBs since they belong to different organisations.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development( NABARD) has framed a draft Model Pension Scheme and Regulations on the above lines for introducing pension for RRBs which envisages RRBs to decide on introduction of pension for its employees at par with nationalised banks taking inter alia their financial position into consideration”.
Related to Your Search:
- Pension to Gramin Bank Staff
- Reservation in Promotion in Public Sector Banks
- 25% retirement till 2020: Recruitment process in Public Sector Banks
- FinMin seeks status report on pay revision talks from public sector banks
- Central Pay Commission recommendations are not applicable to the employees of Public Sector Banks
- 11th Bipartite – Next Wage Revision in Public Sector Banks
- Revision of pay and pension of Bank and Central Government Employees
- Finance Minister asks bank employees not to participate in strike
- Bank Strike today (Sep 2, 2015) – a Massive Success