PSU bank staff to go on two-day strike from Feb 20
Normal banking operations may be hit as employees unions of public sector banks have decided to join the two-day strike call given by central trade unions beginning February 20 to press for wage hike in the backdrop of rising inflation.
The nation-wide strike call has been given by United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU) consisting of nine national level unions including AIBEA, NCBE, BEFI, INBEF, NOBW and AIBOC in support of their demand.
Apprehending disruption in their normal banking operation, many banks have already informed their customers about the proposed strike.
“A section of the bank’s employees may participate in the proposed strike on the said date, if the strike materializes. In view of the above, it is likely that the normal functioning of the bank branches and offices may get affected,” Corporation Bank said in a statement.
Delhi State Bank Employees Federation said, clearing function of RBI will be affected and other banking operations.
Meanwhile, sources said, banks would be taking steps to ensure that public do not face problem at least on the cash front during the strike period.
Banks would be feeding additional cash in ATMs to take care of cash needs of their customers.
Bank unions are also opposing banking sector reforms and any plan for merger of banks.
The bank strike is part of general strike call given by all 11 central trade unions including Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS), Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) and All India United Trade Union Centre (AIUTUC).
Source: DDI News
Related to Your Search:
- Two day strike Banking ops partially affected due to trade union strike
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Strike by Bank Employees on 18th December 2013 – IBA Notice
- Nationwide Bank Strike for 2 days starting tomorrow
- Impacts of two days Banks Strike on 20th & 21st Feb, 2013
- Bank Strike today (Sep 2, 2015) – a Massive Success
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- Notice of Strike by UFBU on 18th December 2013
- CITU cnogratulates the bank and Central Govt Employees for their Contrywide two Days Strike Action