Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Services (CSCS) to the Assistants’ Grade of Central Secretariat (CSS) on ad-hoc basis
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
Dated: 8th December, 2015
Subject: Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Services (CSCS) to the Assistants’ Grade of Central Secretariat (CSS) on ad-hoc basis.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.Ms. of even number dated 1ih February, 2015 and 2ih March, 2015 on the subject mentioned above vide which ad-hoc promotion was granted to UDCs of SL-2003 (Extended).
2. This Department, vide O.M. No. 12/5/2015-CS. 11(8) dated 2nd November, 2015 had finalized CSL-2003(Extended) in the UDC grade. Thereafter, it has been observed that finalization of CSL-2003(extended) has resulted in change in seniority position of many officials. A number of representations have been received in this Department indicating the anomaly as per which many officials who are senior as per the Final CSL-2003(extended) have been working as UDCs, whereas many of their juniorsare working as ad-hoc Assistants. In order to overcome this anomaly, it has
been decided with the approval of the competent authority to promote the remaining UDCs of SL-2003(extended) ( who are yet to be promoted till date) as Assistants on ad-hoc basis till further orders. All the concerned Departments/ Ministries are, therefore, requested to promote the remaining UDCs of SL-2003(extended) as Assistants on ad-hoc basis.
3. The officials may be promoted/ appointed as Assistants on ad-hoc basis, after assessing their suitability for promotion by screening the records (APARs) of the officials after ensuring that these officials are clear from the vigilance angle. The ad-hoc promotion/apPointment is subject to the following conditions:-
i) The ad-hoc appointment shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or inclusion in the Select List or to claim seniority in the Assistant grade of CSS;
ii) Ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason therefore;
iii) The appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of taking over charge to the post of Assistant of CSS.
iv) The ad-hoc appointees would attend and qualify the mandatory training as and when nominated by CS.I (training) section to this Department,(if not already done), failing which they shall have no claim for inclusion in the regular Select List of Assistant.
4. The willingness of the Officials on deputation as to whether they are willing to revert to the Cadre with a view to avail of the promotion will be obtained by the Ministry/ Department from where the Official(s) have proceeded on deputation.
5. Procedure regarding deployment of surplus officials:-
A cadre unit consists of sub-cadre units as well. Choices of the UDCs of the sub-cadre who are to be promoted as Assistant may be obtained and deployed in the cadre unit/sub-cadre units. For example, if 10 UDCs are covered in the list who are to be promoted to Assistant grade and only 6 posts are available in the cadre unit and sub-cadre units put together, the 6 ad-hoc Assistant (senior most) shall be allotted as per their choices and the details of the remaining 4 officials Uunior most) along with their preferences shall be sent to CS.II Division for their onward deployment in those cadre units where there are surplus vacancies. The ope proceedings and the promotion of the officials as ad-hoc Assistants in the manner as indicated above shall be completed as quickly as possible and in no case later than 15-12-2015. The details of the surplus officials who could not be accommodated in the cadre/sub-cadre unit shall be sent to CS.II Division before by 15-12-2015
6. All the cadre units are requested to take necessary action and the whole process may be completed on top priority basis within 15-12-2015. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department. A report indicating the names and details of the UDCs who have been appointed/promoted to the post of Assistant on ad-hoc basis as well as those who have not been found fit, with reasons therefore, may be, furnished to this Department by 15th December, 2015, in the prescribed proforma enclosed.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
To: All Ministries/Departments.
Proforma W.r.t. DoPT’s O.M. No. 11/1/2015-CS.II(B) dated 08-12-2015
Name of the official:
DPC Recommendation (Fit/Unfit):
Date of promotion:
Whether successfully completed level A training :
Remarks/ reasons for non promotion:
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Service to the Assistant Grade of Central Secretariat Service on Ad hoc basis.
- Dopt Orders: Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from UDCs of CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS- Select List for the years 2009 – regarding
- Continuation of ad-hoc appointment in the grade of Assistant of CSS
- Dopt orders 2013 : Ad-hoc appointment carrying on in the grade of Assistant of CSS-regarding.
- Grant of NFSG to UDCs of CSCS – regarding
- Continuation of ad-hoc appointment in the grade Of UDCs of CSCS – Dopt Orders
- Promotion of LDC as UDC of CSCS on ad hoc basis – continuance of ad hoc appointment regarding
- Promotion of LDC as UDC of CSCS (Central Secretariat Clerical Service) on ad-hoc basis- Continual of Ad-hoc appointments regarding
- Dopt Order: Promotion of LDC as UDC of CSCS on ad hoc basis