Promotion of SCs/STs
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2187
TO BE ANSWERED ON 01.01.2018
PROMOTION OF SCs/STs
2187. SHRI KAUSHAL KISHORE:
Will the Minister of LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT be pleased to state:
(a)the number of people from Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category who have been provided employment in the ministry during the last three years and the current year; and
(b)the details of the directions issued regarding upgrading/promotion of SC/ST employees working in the Ministry?
MINISTER OF STATE (IC) FOR LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
(SHRI SANTOSH KUMAR GANGWAR)
(a): The details of number of people from Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category who have been provided employment in different offices of the Ministry during the last three years and the current year are attached as Annexure-I. Details of appointment of SC/ST category people in Offices of the Directorate General of Labour Bureau, Employees‘ State Insurance Corporation, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization and Group-C posts in Chief Labour Commissioner (Central) are being collected and will be laid on the table of the House.
(b): Upgradations/Promotions are made as per Recruitment Rules and Instructions issued by the Department of Personnel & Training. No specific instructions have been issued by the Ministry.
ANNEXURE REFERRED TO IN REPLY TO PART (a) OF LOK SABHA UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2187 FOR 01/01/2018 REGARDING PROMOTION OF SCs/STs.
Number of people from Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category who have been provided employment in the Ministry during the last three years and the current year
* excluding CSS,CSSS and CSCS Cadres posts as these posts are filled-up through Department of Personnel and Training.
Source : LokSabha
Related to Your Search:
- SC/ST Govt. Servants can write to Commissioner for SC and ST direct
- FILLING UP OF RESERVED VACANCIES – DOPT BROCHURE
- RESERVATION TO CHILDREN BORN FROM ST MOTHER AND NON-ST FATHER
- Concessions to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in posts filled by Promotion by selection – posts within Group A (Class I)
- Clarification provided on reservation in promotion by the Minister in Lok Sabha
- Reservation in promotion for Scheduled Tribes
- FAQ on Policy of Reservation to SCs STs and OBCs Dopt orders
- Reiteration of the instruction on streamlining the procedure for verification of claims of candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC for purpose of appointment to posts/services
- Frequent asked questions (FAQs) on the issue of residence/domicile and caste/tribe certificates