Promotion from Group D to C for Indian Railway Employees
- Prescribed percentage (as given below) in nominated Group C categories are to be filled by promotion of Group D employees on selection on the basis of a written exam.
- Group D staff who complete 3 years of regular service on Dec 31 will be considered promotion if they apply. The minimum service condition does not apply to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates.
- Technical : APWI(25%), Keyman/Keymate(33 1/3%, skilled posts in S&T(50%), Fireman A(25%)
- Non technical : Account Clerk(25%),, Personnel Branch Clerk(25%),Commercial Clerk(33 1/2%), TC(33 1/2%), Train Clerk(33 1/2%), Timekeepers(33 1/2%),Fuel checkers(33 1/2%), Store clerks(33 1/2%), Markers(100%).
- Marks are given for written test – 85 marks and record of service- 15 marks.
- Question paper shall contain questions to test knowledge of one’s work.
- Written test should consist of one paper of 3 hours duration divided into two parts – Part ‘A’ to test the working knowledge of the Railway servant of the English language and Part ‘B’ his general standard of intelligence and proficiency through questions in Arithmetic, General Knowledge mainly pertaining to Railway matters and matters immediately pertaining to the work he has been acquainted with during his Railway service.
- Paper may be set in Bilingual in Hindi/English and may be answered in Hindi also.
- Panel is formed on the basis of seniority from those who qualify.
- No viva-voce.
- Assessment under the heading Record of Service will be based on entries in the Service Book/personal file regarding academic/ technical qualifications, awards/ punishments, etc.
- Regular selections will be held for promotion from Group C to D every year by 31st March.
- For promotions to Group ‘C’ posts in the Ministerial cadre, Group ‘D’ staff will be required to possess a typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English or 25 w.p.m. in Hindi. Promotions may, however, be allowed on provisional basis and the concerned staff given two year’s time from the date of promotion, to qualify the prescribed typewriting test.
- The standard of training imparted to the Group ‘D’ railway servants selected for Group ‘C’ posts should be the same as for direct recruits for the same Group ‘C’ categories.
- In the case of failures in the first attempt such employees may be given second – chance to qualify.
- All allowances like Dearness, Compensatory and House Rent Allowances will be allowed to them at the scales applicable, had the stipend been treated as pay.
- Rule 189 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual.
Source: Indian Railway Employee
Related to Your Search:
- Modifications in Civil Services Examination, 2013
- Phase 2 Exam 2013 PA/SA Details and Pattern of Postal / Sorting Assistant (Computer / Typing Test)
- Selection Procedure for Promotion to Selection Posts from Erstwhile Group D to C: Railway Board Clarification
- Minimum educational qualification for open market recruitment to various posts on the Railways
- Typewriting test holding for the Promotion to the Grade of CIerk from MTS
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2014: Instructions from DoPT
- Examination holding for promotions of Educationally qualified MTS (Erstwhile group – ‘D’ & Record Clerk) to the grade of Clerk
- 1536 Assistant vacancies in New India Assurance – Recruitment 2014 of 1536 Assistant Posts 2014 – Last Date 10-11-2014
- Relaxation in minimum education qualification norms for recruitment of Sportspersons