Press Statement regarding Nationwide One Day Strike today (16.3.2017) – Confederation
A press statement regarding Nationwide One Day Strike today (16.3.2017) published by the General Secretary of Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers.
Dated 16th March 2017
About thirteen (13) lakhs Central Government employees went on nationwide one day strike today (16.03.2017) as per the call of Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers. The Strike was organized to protest against the betrayal of the Group of Cabinet Ministers of NDA Government by not honoring the assurances given to the National Joint Council of Action on 30th June 2016. Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitely and Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has assured that a High Level Committee will be appointed to negotiate and settle the issues arising out of 7th Pay Commission inducing increase in Minimum pay, Fitment formula, Allowances etc. within a period of four months. Based on this assurance the Federations had deferred the proposed indefinite strike from 11th July 2016. Even after a lapse of eight months the assurances are not fulfilled.
Government issued orders to deal with the strike threatening imposition of break-in Service, suspension and dismissal in addition to dies-non. Employees participated in the strike defying such orders.
In Postal department about five Lakhs employees participated in the strike. INTUC Federation also jointed the strike in Postal. All RMS Offices and major post offices remained closed. Income Tax
deparment the strike was total in all states as both employees and officers went on strike. Employees of Audit and Accounts department Civil Accounts, Ground Water Board, Botanical Survey Of India, Postal Accounts Survey Of India, Atomic Energy, Indian Space Research Printing and Stationery, Indian Bureau of Mines, Geological Survey of India, AGMARK, Central Government Health Scheme, Medical Stores depot, Film Institute Of India, Indian Council of Medical Research, Customs and Central Excise, Central Food Laboratory, Census, Defence Accounts and various other autonomous and scientific Research institutions participated in the nation wide strike.
Strike was total in Kerala, West Bengal, Tamilnadu, Odisha, Telangana, Chattisgarh, Assam, North Eastern states including Tripura, Jharkhand, Karnataka and Maharashtra. 70 to 80% participation in Andhra, Punjab, Gujarat, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh, 60 to 70% in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, 40 to 50% in Delhi and Rajasthan 30% in Himachal.
Solidarity demonstrations were conducted by All India State Government Employees Federation, BSNL Employees Unions, Central Pensioners organisations, All India Defence Employees Federation and many other organizations.
The National Secretariat of the Confederation thanked and Congratulated the employees who made the nationwide strike a resounding success.
Mob & whatsApp-09447068125
Email: [email protected]
Related to Your Search:
- Thirteen lakhs Central Government Employees participated in the nationwide one day strike on 8th January 2020
- Confederation of Central Government employees: PRESS STATEMENT Dated 2nd September 2016
- 8.5 Lakh Central Government Employees participated in today’s strike – Confederation
- 2 Days Strike : Press statement by the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers…
- Confederation One Day Strike on 15.11.2018 Postponed
- Press Release on Strike – Postal, Income tax, Civil Accounts, Ground water Board, Botanical Survey of India etc., participate in Two Days Strike from Today
- SUCCESS OF TWO-DAYS STRIKE BY Central Government EMPLOYEES ALONGWITH WORKING CLASS OF INDIA.
- INDEFINITE STRIKE NOTICE SERVED TO CABINET SECRETARY
- INDEFINITE STRIKE OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES FROM MAY 6TH…