President, Vice-President, Governors may get a salary hike before CG Employees.
Salary hike – With the 7th Pay Commission recommendations creating an anomalous situation in which the salary of the President is Rs 1 lakh less than that of the country’s top-most bureaucrat, the Home Ministry has got down to drafting a proposal for raising the emoluments of the President, Vice President and governors.
The proposal will be forwarded to the Union Cabinet for its approval soon.
At present, the President gets Rs 1.50 lakh per month, the Vice-President Rs 1.25 lakh and Governor of a state Rs 1.10 lakh. After the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission’s awards, the Cabinet Secretary, who is the top-most bureaucrat in the country, gets Rs 2.5 lakh per month and a Secretary in the Union government draws Rs 2.25 lakh per month.
Official sources said the Home Ministry’s proposal for the salary hike is expected to be submitted for the Union Cabinet’s approval next week. After the Cabinet gives its nod, Bills to this effect will be tabled in Parliament for passage. Salaries of the President, Vice-President and Governors were last hiked in 2008 when the Parliament had approved a three-fold increase.
In addition, proposals are also expected to be moved for raising the pensions of former Presidents, spouses of deceased Presidents, former Vice-Presidents, spouses of deceased Vice-President and former Governors.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission to increase President’s salary
- These employees will get 100% hike even without Pay Commission
- Centre Approves 100% Hike in the Salaries of Member of Parliaments, Bill Likely in Winter Session
- We Don’t need a Pay Commission – We will Hike it Ourself – Parliamentarians to get 100% Hike
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Revision of guidelines for allotment of accommodation to former President(s), former Vice President(s) and former Prime Minister(s) or in case of death to their spouses.
- 7th Pay Commission : Centre Approves 300% increase in Salary for UPSC chief, members
- Government gives nod to 200% hike in salaries of Supreme Court, High Court judges
- Cabinet Cabinet approves revision of pay and allowances of Lieutenant Governors of Union Territories
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners