Ministry of Communications
PREMIUM PAYMENT PERIOD FOR POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE & RURAL POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE EXTENDED UPTO 30TH APRIL 2020
30 MAR 2020
In view of the threat posed by the outbreak of Corona Virus (COVID-19), and the complete lockdown across India, Directorate of Postal Life Insurance (PLI), Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications has given an extension of period for payment of their due premium of March 2020 upto 30th April 2020 without charging any penalty / default fee. Directorate of PLI said that although many Post Offices are functional as part of essential services, Postal Life Insurance / Rural Postal Life customers are facing difficulty in approaching post offices for payment of premium. Therefore, as a measure of convenience to all the PLI / RPLI customers, the period of payment has been extended.
The decision is likely to benefit approximately 13 lakh policy holders (5.5 Lakh PLI and 7.5 Lakh RPLI) who have not been able to pay premium for current month. As compared to about42 lakh policy holders who paid premium last month, only 29 lakh of them have been able to pay premium for this month till today.
Customers registered on portal have also been advised to pay premium online using PLI customer Portal.
Related to Your Search:
- Postal Life Insurance Policy
- Medical Insurance Scheme for Bank Employees and Officers who have retired after 1.10.2015
- India Post Payment Banks (IPPB) to come up in 12 districts under Trichy region by September, 2018
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE – ELIGIBILITY – FACILITIES – POST OFFICE GUIDE
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY): Facilities to be extended to the Existing Account Holders as Well
- DISCUSSIONS WITH IBA ON MEDICAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- Implementation of Medical Insurance scheme to Bank Retirees – IBA Circular
- Relief to Senior Citizens: Exemption of Interest Income on deposits increased to Rs 50,000