Pre-2006 retiree IAS, IPS officers to get pension hike
IAS and IPS officers, who have retired before 2006, will get a hike in pension, in addition to the arrears, as the Centre has done away with a provision of 33-years of service for earning full pension.
The move comes after the Department of Pensions and Pensioners Welfare decided that the revised consolidated pension of pre-2006 pensioners shall not be lower than 50 per cent of the minimum of the pay in the pay band and the grade pay even if they had served for less than 33 years at the time of retirement.
Necessary orders directing concerned authorities to calculate the revised pensions in respect of central government pensioners, excluding retiree officers of three all India services — Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFoS) — have already been issued.
It has been now decided that the same provisions “shall be applicable mutatis-mutandis (as mentioned in earlier order issued in this regard) to all India service pensioners of pre-2006″, said a communique sent to all chief secretaries of state governments and union territories administration by the Personnel Ministry.
As per rules, a central government servant is entitled to receiving superannuation pension on completion of at least 10 years of service. With effect from January 1, 2006, pension is calculated with reference to average emoluments — the average of the basic pay drawn during the last 10 months of service or last basic pay drawn whichever is higher.
Before 2006, for service of less than 33 years, amount of pension was proportionate to the actual service broken into completed half-year periods.
Related to Your Search:
- Pre-2006 central govt retirees to get pension hike
- Calculation of Quantum of Pension as per 7th CPC Notification
- Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years service – Check with the Table
- Centre Enhances disability Pension to those who Retired before 2006
- PENSION CALCULATION AS PER 7TH CPC NOTIFICATION WITH ILLUSTRATION
- Amendment of GOI, MOD letter No.1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016 and revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ORs and Commissioned Officers) delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners etc
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers
- Dearness Relief DR – 12% to 17% to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners with effect from July 1,2019