Late processing of pension cases
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
O/o Controller General of Accounts
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place
New Delhi – 110066
No. CPAO/IT & Tech/ NPS Procedure/22 Vol. IV/ 5690/2021-22/191
Subject: Correct entries in manual PPO Booklet to avoid duplicity in NPS cases – Reg.
It has been reported that in cases where multiple Pay and Accounts Officers (PAOs) are working in pension module to process pension cases, same Provisional Pension Payment Order (PPPO) number is sometimes being allotted to more than one NPS pensioner. Such cases only come to notice during processing of the case in Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO).
2. The matter has been examined and it is observed that the error arises when PAOs are inadvertently entering different Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) and PPPO number in the manual PPPO Booklet from the details submitted in PFMS while generating the PPPO number for the individual. As e-PPOs are not generated for NPS cases the error is not caught and the details in the CPAO database are updated as per the physical booklet SO Submitted by the PAOs.
3. The error comes to light when the NPS case of another pensioner whose details have been inadvertently mentioned in the earlier physical booklet submitted by the PAO and captured in the CPAO database is received in CPAO.
4. Therefore, in order to avoid difficulties being faced by pensioners due to the late processing of pension cases, all the Pr. CCAs/CCAs /CAs (with independent charge) are hereby requested to direct their respective PAOs to diligently enter the data such as PRAN and PPPO number in both manual booklet and PFMS.
5. This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(N. Shravan Kumar)
Controller of Accounts
Related to Your Search:
- Pension case processed in PFMS returned by CPAO Mistake found in e-PPO but not in physical PPO booklet
- First Credit of pension on the basis of e-PPO into the account of the pensioner/ family pensioner followed by subsequent verification with physical PPOs
- Transmission of e-PPO(PDF & XML) to the authorized banks in fresh pension cases
- E-scroll to process the revision of pension cases
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations – Revision of Central Civil Pension Cases – CPAO Orders
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 as per Revised concordance table OM dated 28.01.2013: CPAO’s instruction to issue revision authority to all