Compassionate Appointment to the dependent of the deceased central government employee is to provide immediate financial support
File No. X-12/3/2021-SPN-II-DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
All the Chief Postmasters General,
All Postmasters General
Chief General Manager, Business Development/ Parcel/ PLI Directorate Director,
RAKNPA/ CGM CEPT / Director, All Postal Training Centres
Subject: Appointment on compassionate grounds of a dependent of a deceased departmental employee in a Division/ Unit far away from the place of residence of deceased employee’s family.
It has been brought to the notice of the Directorate that dependents of deceased departmental employees appointed on compassionate ground when given appointment in a Division/Unit which is far away from the place of residence of deceased employee’s family, some time, face hardship in sustaining the family.
2. The objective of the Scheme of Compassionate Appointment to the dependent of the deceased government employee is to provide immediate financial support to the destitute family of the deceased so that the family can sustain itself. As per the prescribed procedure, posts to be earmarked under compassionate appointment category in each cadre are worked out by the Circles in July /August for the next calendar year and the vacancies so arrived at are then earmarked to various Divisions/ Units of the Circle. As the number of available posts under compassionate appointment category are very limited, some Divisions/Units of the Circle sometimes are left devoid of any vacancy earmarked under compassionate quota.
3. In order to mitigate the hardship being faced in such cases by the dependents of deceased departmental employees appointed on compassionate grounds, the Competent authority has hereby decided that Head of Circle or Regional PMG, as the case may be, shall be authorised to consider the circumstances of such cases of dependents of the deceased employee appointed on compassionate grounds and order his/her on cost attachment/ deputation to a Division/Unit close to his/her place where the family of the deceased employee resides.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Compassionate Grounds Appointments are provided to whom?
Appointments on compassionate grounds are made to any of the dead Government Servant’s legal heirs. Wife, husband, son, daughter, divorcee, widowed daughter, and so on.
Is there a deadline for submitting an application for an appointment on compassionate grounds?
Yes, indeed. The application for a compassionate appointment must be made within three years of the date of the Government Servant’s death.
Related to Your Search:
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Government revamps jobs on compassionate ground for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- Review of three years time limit for making compassionate appointment
- Compassionate appointments in Public Sector Banks
- GDS ON COMPASSIONATE GROUNDS – MERIT POINTS AND PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION – CLARIFICATION REG
- EPFO Special functions of the compassionate appointment cells
- Scheme for engagement of a dependent of deceased GDS on compassionate grounds
- Appointment on Compassionate Grounds – Railways
- Relative Merit Points and procedure for compassionate appointments in the Department of Posts