Post Office during lockdown
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 23 April, 2021
All Chief Postmasters General / Regional PMsG
Director RAKNPA/ All Directors PTCs
All GM(F)/ DA(P)
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19
In continuation of instructions of even number issued by this division, dated 16 April, 2021 (copy enclosed), the following additional guidelines are hereby issued:
- (i) Keeping in view the prevailing Covid conditions and Covid instructions issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, and the respective State Governments/ local authorities, HoCs are Competent to order the temporary suspension of operations or restrict operating timings of operative offices.
- (ii) It should be ensured that delivery of mails/ MOs/ Parcels/ AePS payments etc is not adversely impacted.
- (iii) Post office counters should continue to offer all postal services they are authorized to offer.
- (iv) Administrative offices including admin branches of Head Post Offices can follow the principle of 50% attendance of staff alternately and the remaining 50% working from home.
2. The above instruction shall be circulated to all the concerned.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Encl: as above
Assistant Director General (PO)
Related to Your Search:
- Contract staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’
- Contractual staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, treated as on duty – COVID-19
- Modified timeline for Inspections of Administrative and Operative Offices
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020. AIRF writes to Railway Board
- Extending the prescribed time limit of one month post retirement for retirees to invest in Sr. Citizen Savings Scheme
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance is granted to Central Government employees during Nationwide Lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic – DoE
- PREMIUM PAYMENT PERIOD FOR POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE & RURAL POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE EXTENDED UPTO 30TH APRIL 2020
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020