PM CARES for Children Scheme 2021
SB Order No. 33/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Financial Services Division)
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Regarding introduction of PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021
Madam / Sir,
The undersigned is directed to say that Ministry of Finance (DEA) has introduced ‘PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021’ vide its notification No. G.S.R. 723(E) dated 06.10.2021 received through MoF (DEA) O. M. No. 14/1/2019-NS-Pt(1) dated 08.10.2021. Copy of notification is attached for information.
- Detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for operation of the scheme has been prepared in consultation with the Nodal Ministries i.e. Ministry of Finance (DEA), Ministry of Women and Child Development and CEPT, Chennai 1s attached herewith.
- Detailed Standard Accounting Procedure (SAP) will be released shortly after receipt of Head of Account and GL Codes from the PA wing.
- It is requested to circulate this scheme to all Post Offices for information, guidance and necessary action.
- This is issued with the approval of competent authority
Enclosed: Annexure – A & B
Assistant Director (SB-II)
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 6th October, 2021
G.S.R. 723(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3A of the Government Savings Promotion Act, 1873 (5 of 1873), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme, namely:-
- (1)This Scheme may be called the PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) In this Scheme, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “account” means account opened in post offices under this Scheme;
(b) “account holder” means beneficiary child in whose name the account is held;
(c) “Act” means the Government Savings Promotion Act, 1873 (5 of 1873);
(d) “concerned authority” means the Ministry of Women and Child Development for the purpose of
coordination and overall management of this Scheme;
(e) “date of event” means the date between the period 11.3.2020 to 31.12.2021 during which the
children who had not attained the age of eighteen years, lost both parents or last surviving parent
or both adopted parents or sole legal guardian to COVID-19 pandemic;
(f) “date of opening of account” means the date on which the account is opened under the scheme;
(g) “Form” means forms appended to this Scheme;
(h) “General Rules” means the Government Savings Promotion General Rules, 2018;
(i) “joint account holder” means the concerned District Magistrate, who shall act as the guardian
for the purpose of operation of the account under the Scheme;
(j) “scheme guidelines” means the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Women and Child
Development on PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021.
(2) Words and the expressions used herein but not defined shall have the meanings respectively
assigned to them in the Act and the General Rules.
- Opening of account.-(1) An account may be opened in the name of a beneficiary with the
concerned District Magistrate as joint account holder for an eligible beneficiary who has not attained the
age of 18 years on the date of event and has also not turned 18 years on the date of opening of account, in
accordance with the scheme guidelines :
Provided that a single account may be opened for a beneficiary otherwise eligible under the scheme
guidelines who has turned 18 years or more on the date of opening of the account.
(2) No joint account shall be opened under this Scheme except as provided under sub-paragraph (1) of
(3)The application for opening an account in Form-1, shall be accompanied with the documents of the
eligible beneficiary, as specified by the concerned authority, under the scheme guidelines.
- Deposits.- (1) The upfront lumpsum contribution shall be made only from the PM
Related to Your Search:
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Scheme: 1.8 Lakh Accounts Opened in 2 Months
- PM CARES for Children Scheme
- Government Savings – Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme 2019 – Gazette Notification
- Kisan Vikas Patra Scheme 2019 – Gazette Notification
- Launch of scheme for Girl Child named “Sukanya Samridhhi Account” by Hon’ble Prime Minister
- Central Government Post Office Savings Account Scheme 2019 – Official Gazette Publication
- 11 lakh accounts opened under Sukanya Samriddhi scheme in Tamil Nadu
- Senior Citizens Saving Scheme 2019 – Official Gazette Publication
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Vs Public Provident Fund: 10 Things to Know