Sub: Plasma treatment for COVID-19 affected Railwaymen – Need for creation of Plasma Donors Bank exclusively for Railwaymen-reg.
Amid COVID-19 pandemic in the country, the Railway employees have been performing their duties braving the Corona Virus infection. Despite precautionary measures, some Railway employees unfortunately got infected with COVID-19, consequently they have been undergoing treatment in Railway Hospitals while some employees lost their lives.
In this connection, NFIR conveys that plasma has since been recognized as reliable treatment method for COVID-19. The ICMR has also suggested to adopt. Plasma treatment and accordingly some States have started giving Plasma treatment for COVID-19 patients.
NFIR, therefore, suggests that the Railway Administration should have data bank of COVID-19 recovered patients (Railway employees and their family members) for creating a plasma donors bank exclusively for Railway population.
It is therefore requested to kindly arrange to see that necessary initiatives are taken for establishing Data Bank of COVID-19 recovered patients to facilitate providing plasma treatment to the COVID-19 affected Railway employees and families.
Related to Your Search:
- 21 ESIC Hospitals Converted into Dedicated COVID-19 Hospitals Across the Country with the Facility of 2400 Isolation Beds: Santosh Gangwar
- AIRF letter to Railways – Treatment and Insurance Coverage for COVID-19
- ESIC felicitates donors to ESIC Hospitals during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Treatment of Covid-19 Medical Bills Reimbursement to ECHS Beneficiaries
- Ex-gratia payment to the families of Railway employees who caught Covid-19 infection in the course of performing duties, hospitalized and unfortunately passed away
- COVID-19 TREATMENT OF PAYMENT / REIMBURSEMENT OF HOSPITAL EXPENDITURE MADE BY THE BANK MANAGEMENT – FOR TAX PURPOSE
- Grant of Permission for treatment of COVID-19 infected Central Government Employees in all Hospitals
- Extension of facilities for treatment of Covid-19 related treatment to CSMA covered Personnel
- Relaxation in eligibility criteria and enhancement in the payment of unemployment benefit under Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan yojana of ESIC