Awareness workshop for Central Government Pensioners held in Chennai
An awareness workshop for Central Government pensioners was held in Chennai today. It was organized by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare. Around 150 pensioners participated in the workshop. Shri. Sanjiv Narain Mathur, Joint Secretary, Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare, Government of India, inaugurated the workshop.
In his inaugural address, Shri Sanjeev said that the department is conducting a series of awareness workshops all over the country, for the welfare of pensioners and IVRS facility will be launched soon for grievance redressal for pensioners. He also said that in the pension adhalat conducted last September, over 9300 grievances was sorted out on the spot. He mentioned about the documentary film on digital life certificate and requested the pensioners to watch for clarification.
The sessions in the workshop covered post-retirement benefits, CGHS facilities, investment option and Income Tax benefit available to the senior citizens. The sessions provided a detailed over-view of entitlements of the pensioner & other benefits. They also got to know about Bhavishya Software which is a common online platform for processing of pension cases by all civil Ministries/ Departments of Government of India. This system is now integrated with PAO and CPAO through their online module, PFMS and PARAS respectively.
Related to Your Search:
- Pre-retirement Counseling for Central Armed Police Forces held in Chennai
- Interactive Awareness Workshop Under Pensioners’ Portal
- Minutes of the Pre Retirement counseling workshop held on 31st May, 2016 at Vigyam Bhawan under the chairmanship of Secretary (Pension)
- Pre – Retirement counselling workshop to be held on 31 March 2015
- PRE – RETIREMENT COUNSELLING WORKSHOP – Message for employees within the next six months
- Pre-retirement Counselling Workshop on 26th February, 2015
- Awareness Programme Under Pensioners Portal
- Important message for employees retiring within the next six months – Pre Retirement Counselling
- Important message to employees who are retiring within the next six months